codec hevc 264 changing to 265 meaning blank channels so new box needed

topbeanie

i need to upgrade from my h2s to a newer box as it will not support codec hevc 265 so my channels will be blank when this codec upgrade takes place. i have only used zgemmas so i am looking at the new zgemma h11s , is anybody else using this box & can tell me if it flashes open atv from usb the same way as my old box or is the set up different. many thanks.

i need to upgrade from my h2s to a newer box as it will not support codec hevc 265 so my channels will be blank when this codec upgrade takes place. i have only used zgemmas so i am looking at the new zgemma h11s , is anybody else using this box & can tell me if it flashes open atv from usb the same way as my old box or is the set up different. many thanks.
Openatv 6.4 is here if you decide to get one.
I've never heard of it personally but it looks ok
openATV Nightly Downloads

thanks for that i have a lot of friends & family to sort out with new boxes so this model seemed a very good price. thanks again.
Seems ok, some of the cheaper models like H9 had processor issues but I think that H11 has similar processor as H7.
Before you order just check on openatv that images are available.
Only H11 one I could see was H11s but Google says there's several H11 variants

Which channels are affected by these changes?
That depends on your provider.
Most have changed over to HEVC 256.
Mostly for sport channels but any/all channels can be affected.
Android devices handle them easily, as do 4K enigma2 boxes.
Mipsel boxes won't be able to handle them, although I know ZG H5 2tc can handle them for some reason but H2h cannot

Back