coincidence

deano2010

my fire tv stick 4k has been playing up the last few days with random reboots so i changed the power adapter and used a spare samsung adapter from a phone and now it seems fine' so i chatted to amazon live chat and told them that i think the power adapter is faulty' they are going to send me out a replacement psu but whilst i was speaking to them he turned around and said "just to confirm did you modify the software of the device in any way?
Please check for updates by following the below steps:

Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for updates

i just told them it said fire tv is upto date' to be fair i did block them as soon as i set the stick up a while back.

how on earth did there know that i have disabled software updates via debloat toolbox' i'd hate to think what else they can check up on too. time for a change me thinks

my fire tv stick 4k has been playing up the last few days with random reboots so i changed the power adapter and used a spare samsung adapter from a phone and now it seems fine' so i chatted to amazon live chat and told them that i think the power adapter is faulty' they are going to send me out a replacement psu but whilst i was speaking to them he turned around and said "just to confirm did you modify the software of the device in any way?
Please check for updates by following the below steps:

Settings > My Fire TV > About > Check for updates

i just told them it said fire tv is upto date lol

how on earth did there know that i have disabled software updates via debloat toolbox' i'd hate to think what else they can check up on too. time for a change me thinks
He didn't know that you'd done anything, he asked you if you had.
It's standard techspeak by a droid following a script

He didn't know that you'd done anything, he asked you if you had.
It's standard techspeak by a droid following a script
probably nothing to worry about just seems a bit weird it's as if they knew' it could be that the device has never been updated since i bought it maybe the devices talkback or something not entirely sure i know each device has its own serial number which there do ask for.

Agree with pablo reading from the script on how to avoid replacing firesticks or components is my guess.

Standard procedure for them to ask if updates ect been done they can’t actually see if you’ve done or not done an update

Would not be surprised if amazon eventually kill off 3td party apps on their devices. All the setups i do are android with google playstore these days

Can't see amazon ever doing that.

They make too much money from the fire tv devices going down the route of killing 3rd party apps and not able to sideload apps would be the end of fire TV devices.

Coincidence like the thread starter states!
Too much over thinking here!
I have more problems with Google on Android trying to tell me what's not safe or not compatible!
If you get a app dev that's a bit lazy they won't load onto device. They are dead easy to make but some get it so wrong.

If you get a app dev that's a bit lazy they won't load onto device. They are dead easy to make but some get it so wrong.
I know all that Mike, my point was that there are no barriers with Fire tv products, most of the simple apps used to sideload on Android have been designed for Fire.
Apps that a Shield doesn't like end up in my Launcher or you have to search in settings.

Back