Colds and coughs during pandemic

pabloescaban

VIP Member
Has anyone had a normal cough or a cold in the past 12 months?
I used to get a cold about three times a year and probably the same with coughs.
I've not had one at all.
I think it's to do with social distancing and extra hygiene like handwashing and constant hand hygiene entering shops etc.
I bet Lemsip and Night Nurse and all the other quack remedies have taken a huge hit in the past year.

Hardly anyone at my work has had a cough or cold this winter - 100% has to be to do with social distancing and hygiene measures.

The last time I had a cold was a couple of weeks after the kids went back to school last September.

No mate I havent had one in 2 years, I had covid in December but i think your spot on, I think everyone is alot more cautious now, wearing masks and shops having hand sanitiser, I dont think the masks will stay forever but I hope the hand sanitiser does stay for the foreseeable because it will help stop the spread of germs massively

Both me and the mrs both been down with cold for the last 3 week. We put it down to sitting outside having beers on a really cold night. Both got sore/scratchy throats, a light coughs and blocked nose. We have both had our covid jabs and also taken two lateral flow tests each to check and both negative.

No mate I havent had one in 2 years, I had covid in December but i think your spot on, I think everyone is alot more cautious now, wearing masks and shops having hand sanitiser, I dont think the masks will stay forever but I hope the hand sanitiser does stay for the foreseeable because it will help stop the spread of germs massively
I hope the masks stay personally, or at least in confined spaces. I hate using the underground or trains especially in winter, you’re always bound to catch something.

Both me and the mrs both been down with cold for the last 3 week. We put it down to sitting outside having beers on a really cold night. Both got sore/scratchy throats, a light coughs and blocked nose. We have both had our covid jabs and also taken two lateral flow tests each to check and both negative.
give difflam sore throat rinse a go and an olbas inhaler/drops

Hmm usually get a head cold around march time and again around oct / nov time but not had one for nearly 2 years.
Wether its down to spending less time in public places and social distancing and sanatising / mask etc.
Not complaining hate having man flu and i usually end up looking after grandkids when they get a cold aswell lol.
A few squirts of chloraseptic down back of throat and a few fresh cut lemons usually sort it out.

Back