Complete box and satellite/cable/iptv system and new additions

1554leslie

Self Closed Account
Guys i have to post here as no section of our own as yet for the extrend,I have asked wheelo if he or hiteck could do us a section on the forum for the extrend satellite receivers ,It will allow all of us who are experiencing the joy of the box to put our ideas all in one place,I have spoken with backwiddow and we both feel that the full guide and backup images should be main platform of the section,You will then have sub sections to cover all links/builds/support ect so its made as simple and easy to follow and available to everyone

FULL LIST OF WHAT IS AVAILABLE AND ONGOING WITH LINKS ATTACHED

1) There is a full backup image available and a great step by step guide done by blackwiddow
Complete box and satellite/cable/iptv system

2) Box review by blackwiddow
Xtrend ET8500 Review

3) Where to buy
World-of-Satellite

4) The build has been fully tested on a few boxes and no issues reported,A little slow to flash on a couple but i put that down to old usb sticks or beginners needing a little help

5) I have only covered the satellite side in the build up to now as there where a few guys who had purchased the box and it was an expensive door stop,That has been sorted

6) I will be covering the cable side of things in the build in the next week or so, i will update the backup file to cover that side of things, (Bangord30) will be on that if i can bribe him and that has been fully achieved at great expense,Only one other thing that cost more was the new celtic skin kiddac was paid (30K) is the word on the forum lol

7) Will be adding oscam in softcams for those who like using that cam

8) The next update will include 5 skins which can be just switched over via the box without the need to file transfer anything,Full instructions will be added via blackwiddows guide (man utd ) is included as well as a couple that is only available to me off a mate on another forum

9) I am doing a new cam importer so you can just add your line via usb for beginners

10) I have been in touch will my suppliers to arrange a discount for TK members (work in progress)

The box posting is as the complete box

I will be covering all the iptv side before the new premier league starts so you can all enjoy it as i do

And finally the Multi sat and motorized dish system

I have it all fully working on my box and you can get 10000 channels via iptv/satellite,cable ect,

Also Vod/iptv/kodi and a few other things are included in the build

Last edited:
First off, this should not be in the general chat section, if you read the sticky, you ran the risk of it being deleted.
I will move it when I can.
Second, I did NOT confirm you would be getting your own section, let alone one with sub sections, you should maybe read your PM's again.
What I said was that HT is the only one who can do that and that you should post a request for a section in the feedback and suggestions section.
I also said there was no real problem in getting maybe the name of the Octagon section changed to Xtrend if it is as popular as you think it will be, as there are few Octagon owners visit here.

You may well think that your backup should be the main platform for this section, but that doesn't necessarily make it so, that will be decided by the users of the box, I have no intention of upping one person over another, same as we didn't between woosh and sucmnsee,etc in the zgemma section.

THIS WAS TOTALLY MY IDEA FROM START TO FINISH"
What was? Making your backups available to others? You are not reinventing the wheel.

"PS You will see many people try and Copy my ideas and work for their own benefits"
If that happens here at TK, let me know, I'll sort it. If it happens that your work is stolen to another forum, a quick PM to an admin normally sorts that, if not, HT approaching them generally will.

What us your problem with people saying click like or thanks rather than posting one word posts? I tell people off all the time for posting "thanks" or "great work" all the time. That is a rule of the forum.

Thread moved

Posted edited as you pointed out that i could ask Hiteck to create a section for extrend receivers,I dont think for one second that my backup should be the main focus of the thread,What i was referring to, was it would be good to have blackwiddows guide at the start to help setting the box up,The post is all about a complete box and in all my postings i have asked for any feedback and help off other members to see what we can come up with as a group,I have done work in the past on another build, all be it not on this forum and a chap took the file and added it to another forum and informed every one it was his own work,That was my point there wheelo,I have been trying for a long time to come up with a complete box that will cover satellite/cable/iptv and a motorized satellite dish system,Its something i enjoy doing and if i can help others to enjoy it all the better,I know i am a little head strong in some things i say but its all meant in the right context,It is a nice little thing to say thanks if someone has help you,It saves you deleting posts all over the forum,My point was that some people put it to gain post counts on their user profile,I choose not to use that option as i leave it up to person to decide if they choose to say thanks if i have help them in any way.

On another subject,I really enjoyed reading the debate last week about the kidnapping attempt by who ever was behind it,It showed that people were able to put their different point of views across without a full blown argument,Really enjoyed that

Last edited:
I gave you a solution for your problem with the thread, close that one and start a new one with the tutorial at the start, blackwidow told me not to, you said you'd get back to me.

As for someone stealing your work, I gave you a solution above.

With regards to thanks posts, you don't get a bigger post count if someone "thanks" your post.

If you're trying to be subtle in your last paragraph about debate being healthy, you're not, but you are right, differing opinions have every right to be expressed, and I certainly welcome it.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

Don't use my celtic skin in your public builds. It includes official logos and and was only really done as a private skin. It isn't worth the mither of a take down notice or the hassle that can potentially come with it.

Believe me I have been there and done that.

Skin has now been removed from my dropbox as a result.

---------- Post Merged at 06:27 PM ----------

Your doing well here 1554leslie. Anything else you can get told off for. ;)

ps. every single person on here who has used my skins in their builds have dropped my a little note asking if its ok to use them in their builds. Which is always fine for my main skins, but as mentioned above. Some are a no no.

Last edited:
Don't use my celtic skin in your public builds. It includes official logos and and was only really done as a private skin. It isn't worth the mither of a take down notice or the hassle that can potentially come with it.

Believe me I have been there and done that.

Skin has now been removed from my dropbox as a result.

---------- Post Merged at 06:27 PM ----------

Your doing well here 1554leslie. Anything else you can get told off for.

ps. every single person on here who has used my skins in their builds have dropped my a little note asking if its ok to use them in their builds. Which is always fine for my main skins, but as mentioned above. Some are a no no.
I have no intention of using your celtic skin in any of my builds and if you check in my new update last night i will only be using chabs 2 skins as I have been asked to include them,I did contact you first in regard of using your slyk skin and have also done the same with chabs and both of you had no issues,Your slyk skin on the first build has gone down very well,A simple pm will do if you have any issues what so ever,I have just checked my pms and i have a pm received off you and it clearly states that i have used your sin skin and you have replied explaining how i let let people access my backup build using dropbox

Last edited:
I have no intention of using your celtic skin in any of my builds

Full instructions will be added via blackwiddows guide (man utd and celtic) are included as well as a couple that is only available to me off a mate on another forum

Am I reading that wrong then? Or are you not refering to my celtic skin.

As mentioned in the original football skin thread, I have to be careful when it comes to official logos and I am not having a go at you, it is simply a request not to use it.

If need be I will make sure the logo's skins are removed as i know Les is busy and can forget things from time to time and they wont feature in the guide mate :)

Post edited as not to cause any issues between us guys on TK,You made a valid point kiddac, which is the reason i have not uploaded the man utd skin on the forum,Thanks for your reply blackwiddow,Maybe an idea but it would really be down to you kiddac,What if blackwiddow put a little section in his guide to say there was a celtic skin done by a certain member on the forum and if anyone was interested either pm myself or blackwiddow and we can just get them to pm you direct and you can then decide if you let someone use it,If you would rather its not referred to for reasons you have mentioned then i totally understand

Back