Confused & need advice from the well educated here at TK

aspare23

Hi all

Firstly sorry if in wrong section, but this kind of falls into both Satellite and FTA.
I am after some good advice, a few years back I had a Starview fta box, since that demise I have been using tívó full package, I am now financially up the creek without a paddle so to speak, so looking at getting rid of cable tv, just keeping my 100mbit net etc.
I have tried researching my options but get confused with it all, I see sites that offer boxes with free patch (if you buy through them support too) but then talk of issues coming due to N3, I then see Kryptview as an option but the future of that is questioned as I can see. I am looking for similar service to what I am subscribing to, preferably option to record one or two channels whilst watching one, not sure if this is a valid option. Torn between patched fta receiver or sat with cs or cam?.

I have the money to buy whatever kit required, but want to be making sure I invest wisely and it seems the guys here are the ones to ask. I dont have any experience except for the starview, pretty sure things have changed a lot since then, if that is at all possible.

Any advice greatly appreciated with service and equipment.

Thanks in advance

cant on cable,so that leads to sat with a twin tuner box like the vu solo2,as you can record 2 and watch one if on same tp.linux boxes are open source and many doing support.most satboxes will use cams and depending on your supplier uses that is added to box,at this stage of life having a fixed dish on 28.2 maybe a gamble if things are going to change,motorised or dish with a rack of lnbs for different sats.
n3 has come to uk for years now and old boxes are dead now,kryptview has been working since n3 but recording is limited.

Thanks for taking the time to respond, so linux is the best way?, any recommends on where to buy UK, best price with support, I did have a look preeviously at the VU ultimo, forgot to add, need HD and 3D if poss

Back