Connecting OpenboxV8s to satellite dish

WCB

Hi looking for some help with connecting my Openbox V8s to satellite dish.
I have a touring caravan in Benidorm Spain and I travel there several times a year.
I normally manage to get an excellent picture and audio but this time I am struggling.
I use Satellite number 15
Sky UK 28A E28.2
LNB type 9750-10600
Disc C disable
Disc C 1.1 disable
Motor type off.
I seem to be be getting lots of German/Austrian/Arab channels so I assume that I am on the wrong satellite.
I have tried several things:
I have reset box to manufacturers settings
Friend connected my box to their dish(same size of dish as mine 1 metre)and it brought up all the UK channels.
When setting up asimuth and angle etc the BBC 1 transponder is showing 89% signal intensity and 70% signal quality but when I scan for channels all I get are foreign channels.
I am willing to start again from scratch if someone has any idea what I am doing wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards.

Astra 28.2 is the one for Uk and Irl and is your box setup for that.

Sounds like your on 19.2 which receives German channels.

I reread your post again and would say dish is pointing to wrong sat position

Hi looking for some help with connecting my Openbox V8s to satellite dish.
I have a touring caravan in Benidorm Spain and I travel there several times a year.
I normally manage to get an excellent picture and audio but this time I am struggling.
I use Satellite number 15
Sky UK 28A E28.2
LNB type 9750-10600
Disc C disable
Disc C 1.1 disable
Motor type off.
I seem to be be getting lots of German/Austrian/Arab channels so I assume that I am on the wrong satellite.
I have tried several things:
I have reset box to manufacturers settings
Friend connected my box to their dish(same size of dish as mine 1 metre)and it brought up all the UK channels.
When setting up asimuth and angle etc the BBC 1 transponder is showing 89% signal intensity and 70% signal quality but when I scan for channels all I get are foreign channels.
I am willing to start again from scratch if someone has any idea what I am doing wrong.
Any help would be appreciated.
Regards.
Nice font

Astra 28.2 is the one for Uk and Irl and is your box setup for that.

Sounds like your on 19.2 which receives German channels.

I reread your post again and would say dish is pointing to wrong sat position
Thanks for reply.Is there any way that I can get my box to just connect to Satellite 15.I tried deleting all the other ones but that didn't work.

Back