Connecting to Zgemma H5.2

Hi there,
Strange one this, hopeful of a solution.
Usually talk to my box via Mac terminal using SSH command. Always worked before. Need to send a script for my IPTV service to the box. Usually just SSH the IP address to the root using terminal, copy and paste the script and away we go.
Attempted this a few days a go and now OpenATV seem to have installed a password checker. So into Zgemma settings and set up a password. However, in terminal on the Mac, type in the password and get "Access denied" every time.
Can contact the box using FileZilla with username Root and enter the password no problem. Have tried it with Cyberduck as well and straight in with no problems.
I want to reflash the box to OpenATV 6.4, but will probably need to install the script for my IPTV and I'm scared that I will not get it in via Terminal on the Mac.

Don't know any other way to get it in.

Anyone any ideas on why terminal will no longer work, or some instruction, if it's possible, to send the script via FileZilla, or Cyberduck with which I can at least get into the box.

Thanks in advance

Rgds

Phil

make sure that telnet is running on your box, menu -> setup -> System -> network -> telnet setup although if you are being prompted for the username it must be up and running.

You could try resetting the password on the box.

Hi there

Have reset the password many times. The password works every time for FileZilla and Cyberduck, but not in Terminal from Mac.

Have borrowed an old Windows laptop with Putty. Tried to login with Putty with the same result, "Access denied". Used port 22 on Putty BTW

Really stuck now. Scared to reflash the box in case I can't get my IPTV system up again. Is there any way to run the script via Filezilla or Cyberduck. I can access the box with both and can see all the files and directories in the box. In fact I use FileZilla regularly to transfer movies onto the box. So that part is working ok. Just Terminal on Mac and Putty on Windows presenting the problem and they are the only way I know of running the script required.
Thx for your help BTW

are you able to connect using the terminal link in openwebif or does that give the same issue?

sounds like root doesn't have permission to ssh to the box for some reason, reflash sounds like the only option

Back