Cooker extractor fan

36red

The flap off the fan has decided to live elsewhere and now there is a big hole in the wall.
Can't see any name on the fan to get a replacement, will any vent suffice?

Attachments

• IMG_20210316_160417.jpg
    IMG_20210316_160417.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Your post isn't very clear
Is this an extractor hood, or just a wall mounted fan,?
What size hole,?
Is it an inline flap, or an outer grill flap,?

Your post isn't very clear
Is this an extractor hood, or just a wall mounted fan,?
What size hole,?
Is it an inline flap, or an outer grill flap,?
An outlet grill flapon the wall, used to have a flap but the builders have knocked it off and binned it, typical lol

Yes lifting up flaps reveal screw holes but mine is held in place via the grate i cut and screwed to my tube i was pushing in to fan , could also use silicone to bond it in place without screwing it.

Yes lifting up flaps reveal screw holes but mine is held in place via the grate i cut and screwed to my tube i was pushing in to fan , could also use silicone to bond it in place without screwing it.
Thank you, just read there are no fixings supplied. Will use sealant.
How does the hose join to it? slip inside?

:X3: if the "builders" knocked it off and binned it, why don't you get them to sort it???
cos the builders are away over the hills lol as if a builder would return to a job to fix something for free roflmao

Your picture shows a solid pipe and the vent has an extension to fit into the pipe if i remember correctly.
@pablo doubt that is possible going through a solid wall and yes if it was going into ceiling.

this one shows extension on rear.

Air Vent Grilles and Covers | Ventilation Grill | Vent Cover
gotcha cheers

I'm just puzzled that you let them get away with smashing your stuff up and not fixing it?? :X3:

I would say the same lol.

Surely if the builders have done a right screw up with the job you could report them to the building regulatory body and taken the required steps against them?

Your picture shows a solid pipe and the vent has an extension to fit into the pipe if i remember correctly.
@pablo doubt that is possible going through a solid wall and yes if it was going into ceiling.

this one shows extension on rear.

Air Vent Grilles and Covers | Ventilation Grill | Vent Cover
I didn't look closely at the picture.
Yes it will just silicon in place.
Someone has tried using a red mastic type sealant in the past, don't use that and don't put it on with a catapult like the last guy.

Lol hasn't he got alien ears, no ear lobes :smiley:

Remember to fix it right way up so when it exhausts it lifts them up from the bottom.
Yeah will try my best mate am just trying to figure out the correct dimensions and then tomorrow when screwfix opens its all guns blazing.

Measure inside size of white plastic as the grille will be pushed into it, + measure pipe diameter with tape measure or plastic flower pot as a guide.
I would be thinking its a standard size but best to have measurements to hand.

Back