Corn Munchers

frundlemud

3 days ago. Went up garden to check watering situation. Peppers gone, Tomatoes gone, quite a lot of Corn on cob gone.also apples. ( I used to scrump) Probably happened at night, garden totally black. High wall. Yesterday neighbour who lives at the back of my place showed me his wifes phone. She had videoed 4 youngsters eating Corn sitting on the grass at the back of my place in broad daylight. These boys were no more than 10. I'm not too bothered as they are so young. They live quite close by apparently and have recently moved here from far away lands starting with P. They did no real damage and the toms and peppers were found trampled underfoot on our towns river path that runs along my property.
I don't mind these kids living here but I have never had this sort of thing in 40 years. If they had eaten the toms and peppers or taken them home I would say nothing I have plenty more in another part of the garden. But to take and waste so ungrateful. Little twa*s. Just as well Bill was in the house.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kids don't have the cop on - If you were growing apples or something, they would have been taken away. It is just that tomatoes and peppers could earn you a clip around the ear (at least at home) if you bring them home.
It doesn't matter where in the world they are from, kids just love mischief.

I always used to get upto mischief when I was little climbing neighbours apple trees for me and mates pinching flowers off people's garden for my mum on mother's day up until she found out then got a rite hiding for it taught me never to take without asking but kids will be kids I suppose neighbours didn't mind with apples as they used them for apple pies so helped them in a way lol

Back