Coronavirus: Children affected by rare Kawasaki-like disease

Not safe for the chiidren and their families and definitely not safe for the teaching staff. Luckily the Trade Unions seem to be taking a pretty strong stance on it and are going to make sure their members health comes first.

Not safe for the chiidren and their families and definitely not safe for the teaching staff. Luckily the Trade Unions seem to be taking a pretty strong stance on it and are going to make sure their members health comes first.

no i dont think it is either, how many casulties will it take b4 they listen, we in Scotland are diffrent to England as our schools finish earlier for summer holidays so our govermment have chosen to keep them off.

I think the unions will settle for less than they are asking for, though i hope not

no i dont think it is either, how many casulties will it take b4 they listen, we in Scotland are diffrent to England as our schools finish earlier for summer holidays so our govermment have chosen to keep them off.

I think the unions will settle for less than they are asking for, though i hope not

Unfortunately I think it'll take a second peak to make people see sense.

I've seen Section 44 of The Employment Rights Act bandied about a bit - it's a very useful piece of legislation which leans very heavily towards the individual calling the shots on H&S issues rather than the employer... be interesting to see how that pans out. Also, those teaching unions aren't shy of a strike at the best of times so it wouldn't surprise me at all to see national walkouts threatened, which surely the govt will need to avoid at all costs so key workers children have some childcare provision still.

i would have thought THE EMLOYER had a duty of care and could be sued under H&S acts.
A 2nd spike is what its gonna take i think ,which will set us back, and also , when kids and teachers start coming home ill and passing COVID to all their family and friends
i agree with your union comment, will put the govt. in a tricky situation.

My kids school rang Thursday and said they was going to be opening school back up from 8th of June after holidays and asked if we would be comfortable for them to go back to school. (it's a special school)
There is Alot to take in from staff to unions ect some councils up and down the country have stated no schools are opening in these specific areas but to me the longer kids have off school the harder it will be to get them to go back if/when it's best for them to go back.
I'm not saying schools need to open and kids be the martas for dorris ect

Cant see schools opening up anywhere apart from England with the deep divisions going on with the other nations.

Personally I said it few times but imo it is still not the right time to be sending kids back to school.

What happens if they somehow catch the virus and then spread it to their parents?

No one truly knows how this virus works so its a big risk.

There are definitely some children who would benefit from getting back to school - those from disadvantaged backgrounds for example, who's parents might be unable or unwilling to keep up with the education at home, and I think parents of children with special educational needs should be the only people to decide on their children, without any pressure to send them back till everything is in place to protect their health.

I think it's being overlooked too how much so many children will be benefitting from this situation - so much time spent with their families with hardly any other demands or time constraints would never usually be possible.

They've got to go back at some point.
The testing in place should keep a check on any new clusters.
They don't seem to suffer from serious symptoms on the whole and it's believed they don't spread it like adults do, probably because they don't get a cough, although I am not an epidemiologist as you know, I think they'll be fine.
Staff may have to use PPE and widespread testing.
Waiting for a vaccine or for it to be eradicated is not feasible - it could be years, which means all kids aged 14+ would never finish their education at all, and kids aged 4 might not start their education until they're 6 or 7.
Teachers should do what they're paid to do instead of hiding behind their unions - doctors, nurses, police, prison officers, bus drivers, cleaners and supermarket workers didn't all cry off and hide at home, they did what needs to be done, and they did it all through the peak without complaint

Teachers should do what they're paid to do

They've been teaching lessons, like they're paid to do - key workers children have been in school. They've also been making and delivering ppe to care homes and pharmacies, delivering school meals to children who are entitled to free school meals who might otherwise have gone hungry, organising and delivering online learning for children who aren't at school, making welfare calls to check on every child who's not in school, working unpaid through the school holidays to ensure front line workers had childcare provision.

And all this while having the same worries that everyone else has over the virus. They're all just people too.

They've been teaching lessons, like they're paid to do - key workers children have been in school. They've also been making and delivering ppe to care homes and pharmacies, delivering school meals to children who are entitled to free school meals who might otherwise have gone hungry, organising and delivering online learning for children who aren't at school, making welfare calls to check on every child who's not in school, working unpaid through the school holidays to ensure front line workers had childcare provision.

And all this while having the same worries that everyone else has over the virus. They're all just people too.
Good, when they go back to work in a week or two all of them will be able to say they did their bit.
I can't be arsed with all this claim culture crap.
People phoning their solicitor because someone farted in their direction in Tesco and suing the government because they got a contagious disease in the course of their work.
How many WW1 soldiers sued the government because they got Spanish flu?
How many WW2 soldiers sued the government because they had what is now known as PTSD but back then was called shellshock? None of them
Yes there's a very small risk but it's something that has to be done

Good, when they go back to work in a week or two all of them will be able to say they did their bit.

"Back" to work that they're already at? They've already done more than their bit. But damn them for not being prepared to die for the cause eh.

I think there is a fine line with what you can class as being scared to not work.

Most people who still are not working even if now they can with ease of restrictions shouldn't be called cowards etc if they are trying to protect themself and their families.

As I said government truly has no clue how the virus works or will react.

But I guess sending everyone on their merry way is a safe choice :sneaky:

"Back" to work that they're already at? They've already done more than their bit. But damn them for not being prepared to die for the cause eh.
The 2 schools that my kids go to has stayed open for essential workers who have special needs kids all way through from start of lockdown with limited staff in school as some are self isolating or not able to get into work nothings going to be the same when kids are allowed to be back it's been mentioned so many days on alternative weeks school staff have put them self's at risk by working through the pandemic but they will struggle with social distancing ect with kids

But I guess sending everyone on their merry way is a safe choice :sneaky:

Some of these people who are insisting people should be forced to do whatever they're told have posted about changes they made to their daily lives to protect themselves from contracting the virus, yet they seem hell bent on denying other people the right to make the same choice for themselves.

Last edited:
Back