Coronavirus Tracker

my missus works in nhs theater.

there is no story about the nhs that would shock me.

it's not fit for purpose and why we hold it up as this ideal model that is sacred and only needs more cash is beyond me.

Yeh my mam has been down that route, Theater, recovery, icu, now covid-19 icu.

Look after her mate.

We are told in the UK that warmer weather helps kill the covid virus yet Spain has a warmer climate than ours but is affected more :sick:
Any thoughts :unsure:
Weather here has been terrible for the past few weeks.
One day of 17c and sunny and the rest has been overcast and raining and @12/15c.
This time of year is generally @ 22/26c with 6/8 hours daily sunshine but the one year we need the sun/heat and it has deserted us.
That may have been a saving grace here but every time i talk to my sister in UK the weather has been better there.

The virus is passed via droplets.
We can only assume most cases are through person to person contact rather than fomite transmission
The most recent believable info I have read is that aerosol transmission is minimal in covid-19 because of the dry cough and lack of sneezing in sufferers. So person to person contact and fomite transmission seem to be the main cause of the spread IMO.

Australia Alot warmer then other countries and have it so warmer weather won't do anything I suppose
I suppose direct sunlight will help but that won't make a difference if your isolated indoors. Then there are the winds and breezes big in the UK but hardly any in Spain. Average low temp in UK tonight +2C Spain +6C :unsure:

Not sure temp have much bearing really
Canada and Turkey have very different climates but there's been more deaths in Turkey than Canada

The figures involved are impossible to understand though...more confirmed cases just means more people have been tested - America has over 100,000 cases but UK may have more than that, we've just not tested as many

To blame the PM and his close staff is . The blame lies with those who created covid-19 not the uk government.
No other PM could have done anymore than Boris and his cabinet have done.
It's a very volatile and dangerous virus thats appeared from nowhere, is unseen and cannot be heard and takes no prisoners be it royalty or peasants.
I reckon we will be in lockdown for weeks and weeks and then someone somewhere must decide if it's safe to venture out en mass.
Everyone who is still working and mixing with others is at risk imvho and obviously the brave nhs staff more than most.
Fingers crossed an alien lands on earth in a spaceship, waves a magic wand and wipes out covid-19 once and for all.
:smiley:

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok your the biggest fanboy for Boris we get it.

Just like any other government that acted with measures across the world Boris ain't don't anything special that would warrant a Nobel prize.

Made huge blunders in not supporting people and businesses with more money. Making them then wait till mid April to see such money from government. What they meant to do for next few weeks.

Then royally screwing over NHS workers with substandard protective equipment and endangering their lives on a daily basis when dealing with corona virus patients.

The whole clapping outside number 10 with his stooge was beyond fake and cringy. Showing fake support more like it.

I know, this lulled my mate and a lot of people into a false sense of security.

My mates friend works in the NHS and had told him that "everything was fine" "well prepared" and he was like "yeah they done training for it" "the GOV haven't told us to wear a mask" and the last one " Boris was in a hospital shaking hands with coronovirus suffers the other day" I just smashed my face into the wall .when he said If the PM is shaking hands with them......." omg........

I was working away 2003 was rife, I have to be honest I was ignorant to SARS...continuing to work. This virus is completely different. On a lighter note, its brought out the goodness in people, as well as the selfishness in others..

It sure has, I have a friend that cracked under the pressure, he was supposed to do something for me and didn't, asked if he could still help me....not an iota off him, as "Jack's all right"

And I made a tuna and pasta bake for the old woman on her birthday last week, (I've never ever even made my self one and i'm 87!) she lives next door! like watch out Jamie Oliver, when broadcasting resumes! I'm taking over.....lololollo

It sure has, I have a friend that cracked under the pressure, he was supposed to do something for me and didn't, asked if he could still help me....not an iota off him, as "Jack's all right"

And I made a tuna and pasta bake for the old woman on her birthday last week, she lives next door! like watch out Jamie Oliver, when broadcasting resumes! I'm taking over.....lololollo
Yes in times of trouble, you find out a lot about about alleged friends.. the village where we live has apparently been extraordinary, food drops, milk drop offs.. safety 1st of course. Farm shop has reopened
( locals only)

Great! I like hearing of stories like this, When we were all hanging out the windows and doors the other night (for the NHS) there were people talking to each other that had previously just walked past each other for years....solidarity! :blush:

Back