Coronavirus Tracker

He and the government are bunch of clowns.

What on earth are the NHS workers gona do with a medal or a bonus of £100 can you tell me?

People who risk their lives every day with this crisis and generally the heroic work they carry out daily whether due to the virus or not deserve a good pay increase. Not to be cut and given scraps by a government that has tried for years to destroy the NHS.

NHS was main foundation of this country what people around the world envied because of the people involved in NHS. They deserve to be shown more respect than they have been for so long.
Yes m8 you're spot on , the NHS workers will be turning a lot of heads with their brilliant effort they are doing, and maybe more people will change their attitude towards them and give them more respect in the future.

I am amazed how many people still blame Borris for everything, anyone would think it is all his fault. Do people not understand that Borris is NOT a scientist nor a medical expert and he has never claimed to be, he has advisors, the top medical and scientific teams in the country, the decisions made are made in COBR meetings which also include people from the emergency services, the NHS etc. If your pal Jerry was living in #10 he would be advised in the exact same way and more than likely made the exact same or similar decisions which is why you we see very little in cross party fall out over this.

I agree the PPE situation is not good, BUT name me any organisation that has enough stock in the right place at the right time if an emergency occures. Italy, Spain, Germany all have the same problems. Did the supermakets have enough bog roll and hand sanitizer when this kicked off? no and you still can't get hand sanitizer from the supermarkets unless you're extremely lucky, maybe we should blame the supermarkets for the spread as we can't get hold of hand sanitizer to keep our hands clean or because they didn't ration the amount people could buy early enough.

EVERY country in the world is ordering millions of items of PPE, there is no way the exisiting manufacturers are going to be able to fulfill these orders over night. We are now seeing other manufacturers stepping up to make this for us but again this takes time.

I for one would not like to have a job in government at the moment, the preasure would be so immense I would probably say 'sod this for game of soldiers' and walk away. It's not a time to make this political but a time to pull together.

I am amazed how many people still blame Borris for everything, anyone would think it is all his fault. Do people not understand that Borris is NOT a scientist nor a medical expert and he has never claimed to be, he has advisors, the top medical and scientific teams in the country, the decisions made are made in COBR meetings which also include people from the emergency services, the NHS etc. If your pal Jerry was living in #10 he would be advised in the exact same way and more than likely made the exact same or similar decisions which is why you we see very little in cross party fall out over this.

I agree the PPE situation is not good, BUT name me any organisation that has enough stock in the right place at the right time if an emergency occures. Italy, Spain, Germany all have the same problems. Did the supermakets have enough bog roll and hand sanitizer when this kicked off? no and you still can't get hand sanitizer from the supermarkets unless you're extremely lucky, maybe we should blame the supermarkets for the spread as we can't get hold of hand sanitizer to keep our hands clean or because they didn't ration the amount people could buy early enough.

EVERY country in the world is ordering millions of items of PPE, there is no way the exisiting manufacturers are going to be able to fulfill these orders over night. We are now seeing other manufacturers stepping up to make this for us but again this takes time.

I for one would not like to have a job in government at the moment, the preasure would be so immense I would probably say 'sod this for game of soldiers' and walk away. It's not a time to make this political but a time to pull together.

This is my point, he did stand with the top medical advisers and given that they were all happy to let 60% of the Uk get it and watch thousands of our parents and grandparents snuff it at one point is beggars belief. This only changed when the dramatic numbers in Italy and Spain were coming to light and out trajectory was going the same way if not higher as we were two weeks behind them. What is happening now is what should have been put in place earlier most likely saving the ones who have already passed. My guess is and it's only my opinion, that most are happy with what Boris has done on his 80% grant to employers so folk get paid rather than how he handled the virus. It's not Boris's fault,the virus, its how he handled it.
Once we see the Nightingale hospitals start to fill up I'm positive in my mind that their attitudes will change. If you ask the people on the front line, most of whom we don't seem to hear from they will tell a different story about BOJO
Its not about politics as I don't give a flying fook his in charge at this moment in time, its about life saving, and that means every life saved is a bonus.

I agree and so do 72% of the population.

John Rentoul: On coronavirus, Boris Johnson is no Donald Trump

Boris Johnson’s attempt to model himself on Winston Churchill seemed absurd, until now. In America, most presidential candidates write books about themselves; Johnson wrote a book called The Churchill Factor.

Here he is, breaking opinion poll records that go back to the war. A new poll out today from Number Cruncher Politics finds that 72 per cent of people are satisfied with the government’s handling of coronavirus, with 25 per cent dissatisfied.

By coincidence, the earliest opinion polls carried out in Britain, by Gallup, which began in 1937. The proportions of those approving of Churchill’s handling of the war were similar. For example, in January 1944, 69 per cent said they were “satisfied with the government’s conduct of the war”.

Truth be told @basejumper I genuinely don't give a sh#t about Winston Churchill but rather the Winston who stays 3 doors along. I just hope he see this though to the other side.

This is my point, he did stand with the top medical advisers and given that they were all happy to let 60% of the Uk get it and watch thousands of our parents and grandparents snuff it at one point is beggars belief. This only changed when the dramatic numbers in Italy and Spain were coming to light and out trajectory was going the same way if not higher as we were two weeks behind them. What is happening now is what should have been put in place earlier most likely saving the ones who have already passed. My guess is and it's only my opinion, that most are happy with what Boris has done on his 80% grant to employers so folk get paid rather than how he handled the virus. It's not Boris's fault,the virus, its how he handled it.
Once we see the Nightingale hospitals start to fill up I'm positive in my mind that their attitudes will change. If you ask the people on the front line, most of whom we don't seem to hear from they will tell a different story about BOJO
Its not about politics as I don't give a flying fook his in charge at this moment in time, its about life saving, and that means every life saved is a bonus.
At the start I don't think anyone knew what was going to happen and decisions had to be made, we didn't have the high numbers nor did Italy at the time. Can you imagine the reaction of the country if we had been put in lock down after the first 10 deaths. Everyone would be saying it's Boris over reacting and it's against our human rights etc. On paper I think the 'herd immunity' idea made sense, and I think the theory was that the majority who would have caught it would have not been our parents, but the youth who go out in groups etc and outside of China, at the time, we didn't have a clue how big this was going to be. The government then advised those in High risk category to self issolate, they didn't, most of the people you saw out and about, in cars etc where the elderly. People where told not to visit their mum on Mothers Day, guess what an awful lot of people did. So to a certain extent, high numbers of the elderly becoming ill/dying is down to people refusing to take advise from the government.

At the start I don't think anyone knew what was going to happen and decisions had to be made, we

didn't have the high numbers nor did Italy at the time. Can you imagine the reaction of the country if we had been put in lock down after the first 10 deaths. Everyone would be saying it's Boris over reacting and it's against our human rights etc. On paper I think the 'herd immunity' idea made sense, and I think the theory was that the majority who would have caught it would have not been our parents, but the youth who go out in groups etc and outside of China, at the time, we didn't have a clue how big this was going to be. The government then advised those in High risk category to self issolate, they didn't, most of the people you saw out and about, in cars etc where the elderly. People where told not to visit their mum on Mothers Day, guess what an awful lot of people did. So to a certain extent, high numbers of the elderly becoming ill/dying is down to people refusing to take advise from the government.

it’s hardly rocket science , if your forecasted to be 2 weeks behind Italy and 3 behind Spain
At the start I don't think anyone knew what was going to happen and decisions had to be made, we didn't have the high numbers nor did Italy at the time. Can you imagine the reaction of the country if we had been put in lock down after the first 10 deaths. Everyone would be saying it's Boris over reacting and it's against our human rights etc. On paper I think the 'herd immunity' idea made sense, and I think the theory was that the majority who would have caught it would have not been our parents, but the youth who go out in groups etc and outside of China, at the time, we didn't have a clue how big this was going to be. The government then advised those in High risk category to self issolate, they didn't, most of the people you saw out and about, in cars etc where the elderly. People where told not to visit their mum on Mothers Day, guess what an awful lot of people did. So to a certain extent, high numbers of the elderly becoming ill/dying is down to people refusing to take advise from the

Herd immunity is exactly what would’ve killed the eldery
Where do you think all these young people live. With their parents, who it’s passed on to, then pass on to grandparents etc
This never happened due to the numbers that were being forecasted to die
They then changed the way they were moving and had they done this at the start less would’ve died
Maybe best we agree to disagree and in 2 weeks time maybe then most will understand how slow Boris was to react

it only changed because the young folk continued to party and not take heed of the warnings and restrictions being put in place
I’m absolutely sure in my mind it wasn’t due to high risk groups not being compliant

Last edited:
We was slow to react compared to some countries but personally just think that's the UK for you we waited to see how it went with other countries till we decided to act just my thought on it

Where do you think all these young people live. With their parents, who it’s passed on who then pass on to grandparents etc
But if they are listening to the advice which was given from early on, they would not be visiting the grandparents. Even when they mentioned herd immunity they where advising over 70's to self isolate. You go and see your grandparents when advised by the goverment not to and your grandparents become ill, who's fault is it?

But if they are listening to the advice which was given from early on, they would not be visiting the grandparents. Even when they mentioned herd immunity they where advising over 70's to self isolate. You go and see your grandparents when advised by the goverment not to and your grandparents become ill, who's fault is it?

that was not the advice earlier on
It was the herd immunity approach and knowing that the elderly and high risk would suffer most. It only changed when they seen the numbers rocket in Italy and Spain. They then changed course due to their forecast for deaths and how quickly it would be
Actually never mind those two, Italy and Spain, the USA is now said to forecast between 100&200 thousand deaths by their own advisers
As I say give it another 2 weeks and we’ll catch up with this

Last edited:
We was slow to react compared to some countries but personally just think that's the UK for you we waited to see how it went with other countries till we decided to act just my thought on it
So which countries acted faster and what did they do?
How could anyone act on anything not knowing for sure how it would turn out. Boris is our PM and leader not a prophet.
What the government have in place makes sense to me, if the public follow advice given we all have a chance of survival.

It was the herd immunity approach and knowing that the elderly and high risk would suffer most. It only changed when they seen the numbers rocket in Italy and Spain. They then changed course due to their forecast for deaths and how quickly it would be
Actually never mind those two, Italy and Spain, the USA is now said to forecast between 100&200 thousands deaths by their own advisers
I'm so glad they did, at least they are flexible. If your teams not winning bring on a sub and change the style of play.
Hat's off to Boris and his crew, go Boris go!

Actually never mind those two, Italy and Spain, the USA is now said to forecast between 100&200 thousands deaths by their own advisers
I don't disagree that numbers are going to be bad, we have to remember we followed WHO advice early on we traced contacts of the first cases and then tested them, Italy did not do that which is why we are 2-3 weeks behind. I don't know what difference that would have made to italy but the fact that the WHO say countries should still be doing that suggests it must help, it is unfortunate that we are no longer doing that, but that goes back to not having enough equipment to do that which is no suprise as everyone is after the tests.

I still stick to what I believe in that we reacted slow and we should have been more alert and more mobilised with what was happening in China and then Italy.

I have my views on Boris and the government and politicians generally. My views are not politically based whatsoever just my own opinion and what I believe.

Either way we will see in the next few weeks how bad it will be here in comparison to spain and italy.

13 year old boy from London died earlier tonlght from covid 19, no apparent underlying health condition, this comes after several young people in Europe also sadly pass away from it.

Yeah very sad indeed and feel for the family big time.

I hope it gets to sink in with the younger generation just how serious this is and it aint a game anymore because they just dont get it :unsure:

Yeah very sad indeed and feel for the family big time.

I hope it gets to sink in with the younger generation just how serious this is and it aint a game anymore because they just dont get it :unsure:

Unfortunately not all but still some young people will still see themselves as immune to it.

No matter how much you try to get it into their head the dangers and risks of this virus and that they need to heed advice given they will at the end of the day do what they want.

I have seen in again today teens walking down my road with their mates and others on cycles. Younger generation has lost themselves imo.

The majority of youth today don't give a monkeys. No job, no money, no future, they got nowt to lose in their eyes.

So which countries acted faster and what did they do?
How could anyone act on anything not knowing for sure how it would turn out. Boris is our PM and leader not a prophet.
What the government have in place makes sense to me, if the public follow advice given we all have a chance of survival.

I don't wan't to dig up the past......

EUXqKY2XsAAjSOH.jpg

If you are using covid 19 as a party political broadcast, I'm afraid all you will achieve is to turn even more labour voters into tory voters.
Even Corbyn and Liberals aren't opposing the government policies, because they would do exactly the same. It's a coalition, all government the world over is in coalition, lab/tory, republican/democrat all are in agreement concerning the virus.
No one cares about politics, even politicians, here's a blast from the past you've not heard in months: Brexit - no one cares - it's unimportant.

I don't do politics..... I was just trying to point you tooh is mind set.....

here's our friend blancmange-paste

Last edited:
Back