corrupted zip file recordings on USB stick

When recording goes over 4gb the Z8 pro splits the recording and puts the rest of the recording in a zip file on the USB stick. First question is, can I avoid the file split in the first place with a setting change? I have tried NTFS and FAT32 but it has done the same thing in both formats.
Failing that why do I and how can I avoid the zip file being corrupted. Sometimes its fine and not corrupted but most of the time the zip file is reported as corrupted in windows using winzip.
The Z8 never seems to see it has corrupted though and always plays the full recording.

Svenlorenz

Yes NTFS should be good but it still splits the files, I cant see a setting not to split and no idea why sometimes winzip likes the file and other times it doesn't

Fez1

It just how the Formulers handle it you can not stop the split maybe in there as a safe guard for those using fat32.

So your problem with the corruption is when you try view the second file on a PC ? If it is then there must be some missing info the Z8 see and windows does not. Im not sure why.

Svenlorenz

Yes when it splits the file the second part is in a zipped file. Sometimes winzip will unzip it, sometimes is says its corrupted. Seems to be no pattern to it