Could i have a faulty cable tuner?

paulsysp

Hi

Having trouble with my VM set up. All worked perfectly a few days ago. I know my tivo had a update so I'm unsure if my freq had changed..

I have tried and scanned various freq that sourced from my tivo box but i still cannot view all channels.. For example i can view sly 1hd but not the sd version, SS1, 3 and 5. Sly 2 HD comes on but only after waiting for a minute BT sports 1 is the same also tunes after a minute.

In the Dudley area, looking at my settings have my network ID on 4110.

When everything was working i did notice some channels took around 5 seconds to tune. Do i am leaning to think the tuner maybe faulty..

Is there anyway i can test the tuner? Before i go out and spend £50 on a new one.

I am using a Vu Duo2 on a Vix image Apollo2.

Any ideas??

Thanks

ok mate very rare with original
i would check your cables and sat dish

did you put a backup image on it or set up your self

Did a reflash and a restore from previously saved settings..

Think i will do a full restore from scratch and input all options again..

Watching SS5 right now lots of glitches strange how i can watch this but other sly channels don't work..

are people not told to do reflash from fresh and not to restore old settings,i do that on all my vu boxes.old settings may cause issues with new images.

very true cactkid
there are good backup images out there that work verry well

backups work well for newbies

but a freash flash is best

Tbf didn't know backups can cause issues.i have both sly and cable sly no issues cable major issues.. Not in a fit state to do a reflash from scratch now but will do tomorrow..

---------- Post Merged at 09:05 PM ----------

Also thanks for taking time to help.. Much appreciated..

also to note i have to keep an eye on bootloaders to see if its needed from last time i flashed box,too many things are changing as i cant keep up and lost my epg on my max digital1000 and box froze,old image 032 lol,so will reflash with latest image having checked bootloader first.

Morning All

Did a fresh image update and I did not use any back ups.. Still facing the same issues.. Used auto boutiques for the cable channel list but no joy.

So running a auto scan to see if that can fix it, really dont think so..

Back