Could new way for cable rely on old ways?

I've been reading on some of the forums that virmin have taken the last of the carded boxes off the network, replacing them with newer cardless models.
I'm not really clued up with how it works but surely we must be going back the way to the days of jerrold/scientific atlanta when the exploit was internally within the actual box itself (data link severed, code injected, talk back removal etc).
Obviously I know it is much more difficult this day and age due to the digital era and modern day encryption. But we have to start somewhere right?
Hopefully it's possible to use similar methods to inject scripts and exploit these fckers.
Just a thought

Last edited:
I'm sure the hackers aren't particularly interested in uk cable anymore. Can't see that the market is big enough to invest the time & bother. IPTV has a global audience with vast profits for the folk at the top of the pyramid.

Ahahahah just a thought troops, was reminiscing last night and it was first thing on my mind this morning when i woke up, i knew i probably wouldve got slaughtered for it... LoL but what the hell eh? (y)

Looking at how old this vid is lol

I never saw this before dunno why lol ,
It was jerrold cubes in my hey day then superchip 3 hexgenerator by hack4kix in the days of THOIC. Then a certain someone brought it all down after striking a deal with authorities, this geezer made Millions off the itv on digital exploit and the NTL hack then joined the darkside for a wage too. Horrible toerag

Yeah @grog68 called it properly, better just binning this whole cable section and concentrating on future, whatever that is :unsure:

Last edited:
Wait another few weeks for the word to set in No more Cable! following week Fix for cableView attachment 53565
:LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Yes it's still to sink in yet with many@cactikid isn't it? Not even sure if I want to go the iptv road for replacement.
I've been having it out with them for months now to be able to use an app of my choice instead of hard-coded crap.
I used Wireshark to extract their server and m3u from shitty locked in app and they've banned my subscription, suppose I have myself to blame really but sometimes I can't resist tinkering about with things.
Can't wait to get new stick and subscription now

Hey I know someone who is able to JTAG old sly plus boxes and run custom firmware on them
This is old news unless there is a new method :unsure:
You could jtag the old Pace boxes for Freesat only and enable the recording ff/rew function.
It also put a fiery middle digit logo in there :LOL:
I hope there isn't a new method because I've recently chucked 3 of them in the bin.
1613649614524.png

Back