Council of Europe: No compulsory vaccinations and no discrimination against the unvaccinated

bonus2010

VIP Member
Here's a report I've managed to miss. Maybe its just me that didn't know about this, as I don't watch main stream media channels like BBC or SKY news
All us against having the covid vaccine have been worried about possible discrimination and here's the Council of Europe signing a Resolution 2361 in January,
which states

No compulsory vaccinations and no discrimination against the unvaccinated​

ok, maybe its just EU member states that can feel relieved given the UK is not a member of the EU, but still, the UK should follow good example.

Source link:
Council of Europe: No compulsory vaccinations and no discrimination against the unvaccinated | Free West Media

I don't think they would go down that route personally.

Most that would happen you would see restrictions such as no travelling etc for those who are not vaccinated.

Old news now.
Soon there will be more people vaccinated than not.
Getting mine on 30th March, 2nd one in June.
23rd March and 9th June for me.

Can't see the OP due to blocking but there has never been any compulsory medical treatment in the UK, what are they gonna do, drag you out of your house and ram a needle up your arse on the lawn?

I've no problem with those who refuse but I think its only fair we have vaccination passports so those who have can have privileges over those who can't.
Those who can't should not be allowed to
Travel home or back forth abroad
Pubs
Theatre's
Gyms
Sporting events
Anywhere we're there is a gathering of 6
And they must sign to say they don't want it and waiver there right to hospital treatment.

If you refuse then there's a price to pay for me. If your life's governed by the conspiracy theorists then do it in isolation not near me.

I have no problem getting the vaccine, but I am in grouping 10 of 14 groupings, and we are fierce slow this side if the Irish Sea, so God alone knows when I'll get it, BUT I do have a problem with invading my civil rights by having to carry a form of identification to enter a pub, gym, cinema, etc. that you suggest.
I don't believe in national identity cards that must be carried at all times.
I must carry my driver's license whilst driving, and must carry my passport whilst travelling inter country - no problem.

UK to its credit has done over 30 million vaccines and counting which is the most vaccinated programme in the EU. That in itself is a huge deal.

My main problem is UK and US are hoarding too many of the vaccines.

I believe poorer countries have to have their share of the vaccines also instead of being given scraps.

Maybe its just me but I think the whole vaccination programme in the EU and the whole world has to been done equally instead of a couple countries benefiting the most.

We do have to think of our citizens first and foremost I get that.

But I do wish we could help those third world continues who seem to have been left behind and are getting no where near the doses required for their population.

Example I give is alot of relatives in Pakistan are saying they still haven't been vaccinated these are the older people. Mainly because vaccine supply there is the high enough.

I know in India things are looking more up from speaking to few of my relatives but their population is massive so to roll out vaccines to such a huge amount of people will take along time. Plus Astra Zenica is doing production there which helps.

I am sure many other countries are struggling to get hold of vaccines or at least enough of it.

UK to its credit has done over 30 million vaccines and counting which is the most vaccinated programme in the EU. That in itself is a huge deal.

My main problem is UK and US are hoarding too many of the vaccines.

I believe poorer countries have to have their share of the vaccines also instead of being given scraps.

Maybe its just me but I think the whole vaccination programme in the EU and the whole world has to been done equally instead of a couple countries benefiting the most.

The UK would be the most vaccinated in the EU, if the UK were a member of the EU, of which it is not.. take it you meant "Europe"

The only reason I could see for the UK being ahead of many countries in the EU in the roll out of the vaccination program, is that the UK, not only being a
contributer to the development of vaccines, ordered 3 months before the EU adminstered thing.

I don't feel it is fair to call the UK a hoarder because it is a wealthy nation, the country is just serving its people.

I can't see how the poorer countries can't work hard too to develop vaccines, after all I understand India has a space program, and
Pakinstan has taken the time to invest in nuclear weapons.

As it happens I don't believe that those living in 'poorer' countries should be deprived of medicines, and that's why we should always encourage
their governments to put their peoples health and welfare first.

The UK would be the most vaccinated in the EU, if the UK were a member of the EU, of which it is not.. take it you meant "Europe"

The only reason I could see for the UK being ahead of many countries in the EU in the roll out of the vaccination program, is that the UK, not only being a
contributer to the development of vaccines, ordered 3 months before the EU adminstered thing.

I don't feel it is fair to call the UK a hoarder because it is a wealthy nation, the country is just serving its people.

I can't see how the poorer countries can't work hard too to develop vaccines, after all I understand India has a space program, and
Pakinstan has taken the time to invest in nuclear weapons.

As it happens I don't believe that those living in 'poorer' countries should be deprived of medicines, and that's why we should always encourage
their governments to put their peoples health and welfare first.

Ye wrong phrase used. Meant to say Europe in my post.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy the speed at which the UK is vaccinating the population.

But if we have excess vaccines maybe we could help those countries who are really struggling still during the pandemic.

It's about humanity after all not dog eat dog so to speak.

Ye wrong phrase used. Meant to say Europe in my post.

Don't get me wrong I'm happy the speed at which the UK population is vaccinating the population.

But if we have excess vaccines maybe we could help those countries who are really struggling still during the pandemic.

It's about humanity after all not dog eat dog so to speak.

Don't worry about it, I'm sure the normal generousity of the UK will exceed and will be helping other countries.
Last I heard the UK was considering giving millions of vaccine doses to Ireland, that makes sense, as it does to give to
countries all over the world. I'm pleased with that (ignoring for a minute I'm not a covid vaccine fan as you know)

But please, we should never come out with daft things like UK ''hoarding'' Lets not forgert, if it weren't for countries
like the UK, USA etc, there most probably wouldn't be a vaccine of any type.

Hoarding vaccines, would be pointless counter productive, as the countries you wish to travel to, if infection rate is high, Surely flights would be terminated.
If I require a a visa to Work in India, I need a work visa, yellow fever proof. If non of the above i am denied access
Like it or not, I think vaccines proof of, are going to be a requirement.

Example I give is alot of relatives in Pakistan are saying they still haven't been vaccinated these are the older people. Mainly because vaccine supply

Many "first world" countries haven't got their older people vaccinated yet.

Last I heard the UK was considering giving millions of vaccine doses to Ireland, that makes sense, as it does to give to
countries all over the world
Our health minister said he first heard of this in the Guardian, and has had no contact with UK authorities.

Like it or not, I think vaccines proof of, are going to be a requirement.
I've a funny feeling you are correct, even though the EU has said it will not be changing the "freedom of movement " rules.

Our health minister said he first heard of this in the Guardian, and has had no contact with UK authorities.

It's reported in a number of newspapers, but none of them indicated that the UK government had actually contacted the Irish government, only that it was under consideration.
I would like to think that it was some sort of leak of information from the UK government, but who knows? Still, would be a first class idea in my opinion.

Cant happen in my opinion, until all UK residents have accepted their vaccine, or have refused it.

Back