Covid 19

cactikid

VIP Member
covid 19 symptoms - Google Search
AS things start to get worse we keep on getting extra tips to help stop the virus spreading,my latest one i got is

Wheelie bin secure contents inside by an elastic strap to stop contents from blowing out if infected.
Wheelie bins to have handles sprayed/wiped with disinfectant before putting out and before taking them back in.
Stay safe and survive

DIY Bandits Oil Disinfecting (Kitchen) Spray - Live Simply

How to Make a Natural Disinfectant

EPA releases list of approved disinfectants to kill coronavirus, and why homemade sanitizer won’t work

Nearly forgot an important one cleaning towels need 60c wash and dont share towels.
If you have a big family bathroom surfaces that get touched will need regular cleaning with wipes or sprays shower handles taps etc.

If someone drops in for a chat ASK them to wash their hands first in case they are spreading the virus.

SERIOUS EXCELLENT ADVICE by Japanese doctors treating COVID-19 cases. Everyone should ensure your mouth & throat is moist, never DRY. Take a few sips of water every 15 mins at least. WHY? Even if the virus gets into your mouth...drinking water or other liquids will WASH them down through your oesophagus and into the stomach. Once there in tummy...your stomach ACID will kill all the virus. If you don't drink enough water more regularly...the virus can enter your windpipes and into the LUNGS. That's very dangerous.
Pls send and share with family, friends and everyone about this !ll

Hand sanitiser.

If you love the idea of hand sanitizer but want to make your own, try this gentle and moisturizing (and great smelling) solution. Store in a squeeze bottle and keep in your purse, car, diaper bag or wherever you think you’ll need it!

• 2/3 cup Rubbing Alcohol (at least 91%, preferrably 99%)
  • 1/3 cup Aloe Vera Gel
  • 15 drops of your favourite essential oils (optional)

Mix the solution together in a clean squeeze bottle, and shake well and use as required!

Be sure to tag a friend who could use these products in their home or who loves DIY recipes!

Gov.ie - COVID-19 (Coronavirus)

Attachments

• dettol surface cleaner.png
    dettol surface cleaner.png
    214.1 KB · Views: 6
  • elastic stap hook.jpg
    elastic stap hook.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
Yes it shows how little we think of how to protect ourselves and when we say say we know it all -WE DONT!
From facebook

"
As we move into a new phase of Covid-19 and now have community spread- it is nearer than we think. We need to minimize contact with anyone that is unnecessary, and I mean really unnecessary- no playdates, no hanging out in the neighbours houses, no heading off to meet friends. We have one chance to get this right.
It may be new, it may be boring or uncomfortable but it is necessary.
Literally the lives of people we all know could end if we take this lightly.
Find new ways to entertain your kids-window washing competitions, let them do gardening and weeding, get them to help doing household chores. Take them for walks around parks or fields, not playgrounds.
Keep them away from all your lovely grannies and granddads.
My hope is that this will burn out over the next weeks and hopefully not months.
Hopefully we will have lost no family members or patients. As a bonus, may we have tons of quality time with our kids, and clean windows, homes and gardens. "

Useful tips as need to stay safe anyway you can.

Dettol prices are insane was £1 in home bargains not too long ago now its £5, £10, £15 different places. Absolute joke.

I will add more to the first post when i see something useful
When filling up with fuel, pay at the pump.
When paying in shops use contactless rather than put digits in manually.
A hundred people an hour use those keypads, same when you use any keypad Eg bank machine etc, use hand gel after using one.
Shop door handles.
Taxi door handles.
Amusement machines.
Treat them all like dirty urinals and clean your hands after touching anything that's been touched by others recently

When filling up with fuel, pay at the pump.
When paying in shops use contactless rather than put digits in manually.

Ah but is paying at the pump and using the keypad more of a risk than going into the shop and paying contactless for your fuel?

My missus uses that dettol in image it says human corona virus but no actual proof it works then uses milton sterilising fluid 2 capfuls into a spray bottle with water mixed with it and does all sides door handles floors chairs cups when family have been always have a little bottle hand sanitiser when we go out

Ah but is paying at the pump and using the keypad more of a risk than going into the shop and paying contactless for your fuel?
You can pay contactless at the pump.
My missus uses that dettol in image it says human corona virus but no actual proof it works then uses milton sterilising fluid 2 capfuls into a spray bottle with water mixed with it and does all sides door handles floors chairs cups when family have been always have a little bottle hand sanitiser when we go out
Some Govt health expert said the other day it's easily killed, any household detergent or bleach will destroy it on hard surfaces

Was looking for hand sanitiser myself by prices are way above what I would pay.

We still have few bottles of dettol.

But some supplies are either out of stock on stores or too bloody expensive for the profits these s*its want to make.

You can pay contactless at the pump.

Some Govt health expert said the other day it's easily killed, any household detergent or bleach will destroy it on hard surfaces
Can't use bleach as little lad has asthma and gets on his chest and hate smell of bleach and for bleach to work you have to leave it sitting 15 mins on your sides ect

Was looking for hand sanitiser myself by prices are way above what I would pay.

We still have few bottles of dettol.

But some supplies are either out of stock on stores or too bloody expensive for the profits these s*its want to make.
Home bargains dettol antibacterial wipes or sprays two for £3.50 lol

I don't think you can at the ones at Morrisons near me, you have to put your card and pin number in before it'll let you draw fuel as far as I'm aware
In that case its still better than queuing up with other people. Just treat it as a cash machine and gel your hands afterwards

Back