CPU spec

steptoe

VIP Member
Is this a decent spec for a cheapish mobile phone chip

• Processor: MediaTek Helio G25, 4*Cortex A53 2.0GHz + 4*Cortex A53 1.5GHz; GPU:IMG GE8320

It's a ulefone armour x11 pro , bearing in mind the phone is under 150 euro, it suits me as long as the chip is half decent.
I'm currently using a Doogee S58 pro , and it's really hard trying to find a phone with a screen under 5 and 1/2 inch.

• Processor: MediaTek Helio G25, 4*Cortex A53 2.0GHz + 4*Cortex A53 1.5GHz; GPU:IMG GE8320

It's a ulefone armour x11 pro , bearing in mind the phone is under 150 euro, it suits me as long as the chip is half decent.
I'm currently using a Doogee S58 pro , and it's really hard trying to find a phone with a screen under 5 and 1/2 inch.
You would be better looking at Ram if you’re going for a cheaper phone. Obviously not into gaming or anything like that on it so Ram is a good starting point for it running well. Most of the quad/hex/octa CPU’s are good now and only slowed by the memory.

That’s got 4gb plus a huge battery and android 12 which is only a year old but don’t expect any android updates in the future. Most of the cheaper brands don’t update the OS or security on their phones.

Personally I’d throw an extra 50 in and get a one plus nord or something like that second hand for piece of mind

Here is a link to the Mobile Processor Rankings to start with:

Smartphone Processors Ranking List [2022] - NanoReview

You would be better looking at Ram if you’re going for a cheaper phone. Obviously not into gaming or anything like that on it so Ram is a good starting point for it running well. Most of the quad/hex/octa CPU’s are good now and only slowed by the memory.

That’s got 4gb plus a huge battery and android 12 which is only a year old but don’t expect any android updates in the future. Most of the cheaper brands don’t update the OS or security on their phones.

Personally I’d throw an extra 50 in and get a one plus nord or something like that second hand for piece of mind
All the Doogee, Cubot, Blackview etc I've had in the past update ok, Ive got android 10 on my 2 yo Doogee at present, a one plus wouldn't last me a week, phone I have now has been dropped from 5m and is still working , just a little chip on corner of screen, not even noticeable

Back