Creating a custom OpenATV image

p17blo

I've being doing a bit of research on this, I admit I know only very basic Unix, but have varying experience with other OS as well as some basic programming languages.

I found the OpenATV source, I have a ubuntu machine to make the build on and follow the crib notes to make the image, which at the moment is failing. The error message directs me to needing a machine in local.conf. OK - I can understand that and I can edit the local.conf, BUT I don't know what machine type the Zgemma is? It appears to be some kind of AirDigital box - Does anyone know what machine name I would have to give it, in order to build correctly?

Secondly, if I want to edit some of the py files before compiling, at which point do I do this. The crib notes from on making the build give a series of instructions including two that download various components from the internet, so I am not sure when/where I can amend the core files before compiling.

This isn't something I want to achieve by taking a standard build and then added a skin or a plug in, I'd much rather get into some of the core code.

TIA

Back