"Creating Hardlink to timesgift file failed" error - Wooshbuild 2.5

db9753118

Hello experts,

I have everything I want working, except timeshift. I am getting the "Creating Hardlink to timesgift file failed" error when changing channel if I have timeshift enabled.

I have initialized the flash disk (more times than I can count), tried another drive, tried formatting the drive to ext3 with my laptop, and still no joy.

These are wooshmans instructions that I have followed...
1. Initialise your USB device

Insert the USB / HDD that you are going to use for recording, pause and rewind into the rear USB port.
Menu -> setup -> System -> Storage Devices -> Initialisation -> OK button -> Red Button (Initialise) -> OK Button

Your USB device is now being initialised for use with the Zgemma box. This will be used for pause, rewind and the recording of programs, it is also used for the swap file, EPG data and picons. Time to complete this step varies depending on the size of the device. You will be returned to full screen TV when complete.

RESTART YOUR BOX! - do you think I want you to restart your box?
Press and hold the standby button then select Restart to restart the box.

This has just created a timeshift folder and also a movie folder on your USB device

And then this...

5. Setup Timeshift (Pause, Rewind) and recording

Menu -> Setup -> Recordings & Timeshift -> Timeshift settings

Timeshift Location - Press OK button
Highlight <List of storage devices> and press OK button
Now highlight your USB device from the list. You will see "Internal flash" and another device. It is the other device your need to highlight. Then press OK button. (mine is called Storage Device)
Highlight timeshift and then press the Green Button (OK)
Then change:
Automatically start timeshift after - 2 seconds
Press the Green button (Save)

This image is setup for use with a minimum of an 8gb USD device. The larger the device the better, 32gb, 64gb work well. But bigger still gives you more room for recordings.

The recording settings should already be correct, feel free to go in and check the "Default movie location" It should read /media/hdd/movie. Dont forget to press the Green button (Save) when done

Exit right back to the TV

Any ideas what I must be doing wrong?

Many thanks in advance for any help.

Additional Info...
Box: H.2S
Build: WooshBuild v2.5
USB: Sandisk Ultrafit 64GB USB3.0

Same problem got mine set up on h2s works fine set up on a mates 2s exactly the same and his doesn't

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Quick update. Reflashed this morning with aonther USB and the timeshift is working, but I still get the pop-up! Any ideas how to stop it?

Back