Creating My New Gaming Computer

kama2k

Hi guys im creating my nw gaming computer(only tower for now) and wanted to see what you experts thought of my configurition.
Antec Nine Hundred Case £62
ASUS M4A785-M - motherboard - micro ATX - AMD 785G - Socket AM2+ £51
AMD Athlon II X2 3.2 GHz Processor £48
Corsair XMS2 4 GB : 2 x 2 GB Memory - DIMM 240-pin - 800 MHz ( PC2-6400 ) £61
ertex3D/ATI Radeon HD 5550 1GB PCI Express 2.1 x16 DVI/HDMI/VGA Graphics Card £49.51
Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE £ 23

Grand Total of £295

could you guys answer these questions
1) are the parts compatiable togerther with motherboard
2) will this work smoothly for new era of games such as mass effect cod 4 gta fifa 10 i.e

thanks for your cooperation:)

ZALMAN ZM600-HP
guys also woud this power supply work with antec 900 case and will all cablds reach the mobo thanks in advance

Sorry I can't help you out much on a gaming rig. But I like the case and you can't go wrong with Corsair memory. Don't know much about the Zalman PS I have a Corsair in mine and never a bit of trouble.

does anyone know if the ATI Radeon HD 5550 1GB PCI Express 2.1 x16 DVI/HDMI/VGA Graphics Card is good for the latest era of pc games such as fifa 11 call of duty etc. and is there a better card for a similar price
thanks in advance

All looks good kama, nice price too for all your getting. Youve done a good bit of shopping, the radeon 5550 has the zalman psu listed as compatible.
The mobo is Micro atx so should be no issues with connectors not reaching from the psu.
The onboard soundcard supports 7.1 surround and has high def audio but as the sound card is cheap theres no reason why you shouldnt throw it in there.
I believe theres an button or option to over clock? The case is plenty big for it and i believe there are fans included in it which is always great for extra cooling when gaming.
I dont know if theres anything else to say really. Ive never done a build myself, would love too but its lookin at the moment it wont happen for another while yet.
Have fun with it, take your time too when you get all the gear!

Yo thanks for the advice what do you thing about the ATI Radeon HD 5550 1GB card is it good for the latest era of games , also do i need to buy a sound card if there is one integrated on to the mobo :)

Last edited:
Have a look at this and see for yourself. As the chap says at the end of the vid it depends what your using it on.
Maybe the 5850 to go with instead, your call though :)

[video=youtube;kZzwkSwf8zY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kZzwkSwf8zY&feature=channel[/video]

All over the place i'd say G.
I forgot to mention about the sound card. The onboard should suffice, wouldnt hurt to try it out first, might be able to throw an extra few pound into upgrading the graphics a bit more.
If you are going to be gaming alot and for long youll probably end up upgrading down the road anyway.

thanks for the advice yh i am assembling from all over the place to save money thanks for the advice again :)

Back