Creating space on firestick

GerrySwe

I keep getting a message telling me I have no more space on my firestick and I should delete apps to free up 500mb of space. The problem is that the only apps that are showing in the Manage Apps section are all of the Amazon apps such as Photos, Videos, appstore etc which cannot be removed. Are there installed apps somewhere I can't see that I can delete to leave more space?

Maybe worth a factory reset

1. On your Fire TV device, click Settings.
  2. Scroll over to the right and click System.
  3. Scroll down and click Reset to Factory Defaults.
  4. A dialog will appear that reads “You are about to reset your Fire TV to its original factory settings.

something the firestick suffers from is its storage becoming full, this is generally to do with the way it downloads the apps then installs them, the device keeps the download after it has installed so I would check your downloads folder & empty it then see what space it gives you back

I take it that means I would then have to reinstall STB plus my IPTV portal
If you take not of your mac address on stb write it down and your portal just change the new mac on stb to the one you've wrote down otherwise your provider would have to change it his end

Have you tried just going into apps and deleting the Amazon APPS DATA as that can free up a load of space

Back