Cron job to hide iptv adult bouquet.

rsgill2

Is it possible to do cron job timer to run the red,7,7 populate db job, using ipab?

I have 2 iptv subs, And i want to keep the adult iptv bouquet, i have with one of them, hidden, . Every time the iptv script runs it puts the bouquet back, even though I've unticked it in hide/show bouquets. Doing it manually atm nightly, hides it, but I don't want my supplier to remove it, as i can still watch it via m3u on vlc with laptop.
Not a standard request, i know but if there's some thing that can i use as template, that i can change around to suit.

Sent from my XT1572 using Tapatalk

I'm not sure how IPTV bouquets work but I think you could perhaps have a cron timer that runs a script to move the bouquet to a temporary location and then another to move it back at a certain time.
Someone with some experience of IPTV may be able to help.

So you want to remove the adult bouquet?

Maybe have an rm script run on crontimer

#!/bin/sh
rm -rv /etc/enigma2/xxx.tv >/dev/null 2>&1
reboot

Replace xxx.tv with the actual bouquet file name if your not sure ftp etc/enigma2 you should be able to see what bouquet it is called

So you want to remove the adult bouquet?

Maybe have an rm script run on crontimer

#!/bin/sh
rm -rv /etc/enigma2/xxx.tv >/dev/null 2>&1
reboot

Replace xxx.tv with the actual bouquet file name if your not sure ftp etc/enigma2 you should be able to see what bouquet it is called
Thanks I'll try that, fyi if it were Windows I'd know how to this, not quite there with linux yet. So. That's y need help.

@dsayers2014
Does that script just remove the bouquet?
I think the OP wants to hide it and be able to unhide it when he wants.
I thought perhaps moving the bouquet to a temp location and another script to move it back.

If you can navigate to the folder \etc\enigma2 you will have a lot of .sh files in there. There will be one for each bouquet probably like entertainment.sh etc and then one that 'runs' the others, you can either just delete the adult.sh one or if you can find that main one you can remove the line that runs the adult one, then if you want to bring them back at any point you can just run the adult.sh independently

Great answers, i'll be trying tonight, over the weekend. Ill update here on the progress.

Yea if there via script the above method will be better to remove the .sh I tried the rm script method it removes the bouquet but just creates a gap inbetween bouquets

To hide mine by running ABM after my iptv updates in the morning
And hadlve ABM set to hide that bouquet

Yea it's still there if you know the number I think

Back