cron timers

wigan13

can someone tell me what are cron timers and what their do and what should be in the cron timer menu,i have 3 items in there ie skygo,ect.
thank you for any help
wigan13

Gents, anybody steer me with Cron Timers,just done a clean install,all good whooshbuild on ATV 6.4.
As per attached,these are the scripts in root,but nothing in job manager or in script folder.I suppose I need to add the correct ones to the scripts with permissions ?

Attachments

• 20210523_182959.jpg
    20210523_182959.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 8
Gents, anybody steer me with Cron Timers,just done a clean install,all good whooshbuild on ATV 6.4.
As per attached,these are the scripts in root,but nothing in job manager or in script folder.I suppose I need to add the correct ones to the scripts with permissions ?
the first one is to do with the ntp server to make sure your box time is correct, assuming your time settings are using a ntp server.

the second is an update script for chabs skins, I don't use chabs skins but I would assume it's for the film/tv images shown on menu's,

Think I need to run the scripts through the command line,if only I could remember how...it s been a while..🤣🤣😂😂

Thanks Grog,this should also be in the scripts folder should it not to run..as it s only in the root folder..?
No, they are where they need to be, they do not need to be in the scripts folder

Think I need to run the scripts through the command line,if only I could remember how...it s been a while..🤣🤣😂😂
no ysou don't they are cron jobs so run automatically when the system says they should run, leave them alone lol

Thanks guys,for the help.Unfortunately,they don t update the top picks in the skin,so there has to be something wrong.Is it the times...??

Thanks guys,for the help.Unfortunately,they don t update the top picks in the skin,so there has to be something wrong.Is it the times...??
I assumed that is what it does but I don't know the skins, @Chabs would need to confirm that, it could be the script no longer works

Think I saw something from the guys about maybe they were tinkered with..we ll see..just one of those little thing to play with....👍👍😁😁😁

Guys,ran this from the console,as per this thread give me a clue fellas..👍

Attachments

• 20210525_213829.jpg
    20210525_213829.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 10
Back