cross epg with alias list for VM cable

pauldb

ok a short thread and not done a post for ages but after a long night chatting with jenseneverest we was thinking is there any other way of getting cable epg that matches sky sat

and the answer is the alias config (thank you to jenseneverest for staying up all night and doing the alias.conf)

if anyone doesnt know the alias.conf is a setting that can take the epg from crossepg and use it in say cable epg

the main file is alias.conf,that has all the info in it, but doesnt have to be used for cable

this is work in progress and is set for granada region although i have put other regions in and will need removing the # and putting the # back in the granada region

as in this case

# northwest hash out if not needed
BBC One N West-bskyb=BBC ONE HD,BBC ONE,BBC ONE AD,BBC ONE North West
ITV Granada-bskyb=ITV HD,ITV,ITV Audio Desc
ITV +1 Granada-bskyb=ITV +1

# London hash out if not needed
#BBC One Lon-bskyb=BBC ONE HD,BBC ONE,BBC ONE AD,BBC ONE London
#ITV London-bskyb=ITV HD,ITV,ITV Audio Desc
#ITV +1 London-bskyb=ITV +1

# Yorkshire hash out if not needed
#BBC One Yorks-bskyb=BBC ONE HD,BBC ONE,BBC ONE AD,BBC ONE Yorkshire
#ITV Yorkshire-bskyb=ITV HD,ITV,ITV Audio Desc
#ITV +1 Yorkshire-bskyb=ITV +1

not sure if the London or yorkshire is correct as cable is regional

also this is an example
4seven-bskyb=4Seven,4SevenHD
5 USA-bskyb=5 USA
5SELECT-bskyb=5Select

as we can see the first part is bskyb after the = is basically cable but could be anything
you can also notice that we can put more than one epg say for 4seven

any plus ones that are missing can use the code
Lifetime-bskyb,60=Lifetime +1

we have also noticed other settings like gmt time and default bskyb but have left them for now.

now the alias.conf does need a bit of a tidy up and it doesnt give you epg for the exclusive cable channels but we think every thing is there.

so how do we set it up

first extract the 2 files
then FTP to usr\crossepg\scripts\alias in that is 2 files that need replacing change to 755 then reboot box

Then go to crossepg
make sure opentv provider is set to 28.2
go to scripts providers
and tick the alias box at the top
press green to save
check providers order that sky uk is first

then press download, it will download sky epg then the alias will give you cable epg for 7 days

you can at any time though go to script providers and download

so we have a full 7 day epg and we dont need the internet to get epg

not a clue if it can be used only for cable with no sat but i presume you would need epg.dat and maybe lamedb, but we are both learning on this as most info is years old

have fun guys

Attachments

• alias.zip
    6.1 KB · Views: 8
What, about epg importer or hasn't @dsayers2014 done a custom mix as I've got it on my box can't remember what's it's called without looking on my box but brilliant example and explication mate

this is taking the crossepg data from sat and using it to give you cable epg, doesnt use the internet , i use dsayers custom mix as well(,but all that does is mix sky and vm into bouquets,)
also with rytec epg in epgimporter i found loads missing and incorrect,
this method uses data what sky uses

Back