Satellite CrossEPG/EPG Refresh question

madra

Sorry, but this is a bit of a dumb question. But could someone tell me the difference between CrossEPG, EPG Import and EPG Refresh?

I'm just a bit overwhelmed by all the different plugins

I used CrossEPG and am wondering if that's enough? I don't need to use any other EPG plugin?

Thanks

EPG Refresh is just a clever channel zapping plugin. It is the tuning in that absorbs EPG for some providers/broadcasters.

What services are you watchingg and want EPG for?

Hi,

I'm in Ireland and am receiving UK FTA channels on Two Tuners and then Saorview on the Terrestrial Tuner.

I'm kind of stumbling my way into getting the box set up. Many channels that were tuned in would not work, maybe they are no longer FTA? Like ITV2 HD, ITV3 HD, CHANNEL 4 HD

I failed with autobouquetsmaker but instead managed to manually fix things with openwebif.

Fixed some picons with E-Channelizer but weirdly enough it has stopped working for me.

Would very much appreciate any tips for good plugins, etc.

Thanks

Best not to ask questions about multiple issues at the same time. One at a time and separate thread is best as it helps others looking for same problem/fix.

With regards to EPG:

28.2:
CrossEPG (using OpenTV EPG, not rytec) is easiest for Sky 28.2. However there are a few bugs with CrossEPG, the bugs wont affect you only you use multple satellites and EPG sources.

There is an OpenTV EPG Reader built into images. You will have to enable it and regularly zap/view/tune to IEPG service on 11778,vertical 27500 on 28.2. You can automate the zapping using EPG Refresh

Saorview EPG:
You will need to zap/view/tune to a Saorview channel to absorb the EPG. You can automate the zapping using EPG Refresh

There is an OpenTV EPG Reader built into images. You will have to enable it and regularly zap/view/tune to IEPG service on 11778,vertical 27500 on 28.2. You can automate the zapping using EPG Refresh

How do I tune this channel? I'm not really understanding how to tune one single channel manually, as the satellite that shows up in the menu is not 28.2 but some other one. Sorry for all the questions

1_0_1_584E_82E_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20200320191814.jpg

screenshot_20200320191759.jpg

That is 28.2 and you do not need to be in tuner setup. It is no point discussing two things together. What do you want to do/use? CrossEPG or built in reader? Please decide.

Also, what image are you on. Image series version/name and date please Find out by:
Menu > Information > About

That is 28.2 and you do not need to be in tuner setup. It is no point discussing two things together. What do you want to do/use? CrossEPG or built in reader? Please decide.

Also, what image are you on. Image series version/name and date please Find out by:
Menu > Information > About
Nice to see your on the usual form abu (y)

You mean in Tuner Setup? I am not sure what I should be changing. All the channels are working fine

Attachments

• 1_0_1_27B5_805_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20200320205641.jpg
    1_0_1_27B5_805_2_11A0000_0_0_0_20200320205641.jpg
    214.6 KB · Views: 9
Just because something is working it does not mean it is right. If you have a 28.2 fixed dish to tuner A, that is correct. You have not mentioned anything about teh hardware, dish wise, so I am guessing. Once your tuner config is correct, you do not to look at it again.

I don't know what image you have, hence earlier question. But on Vix/PLI, you cannot scan a satellite which is not configured. ABM/CrossEPG will only offer you providers/options that are catered for. So if something depends on 28.2 and you do not have a tuner for it, you won't get those options. This is why I guessed your tuner config is not correct. You were showing an option for 16East. I could be wrong. If so, sorry.

Last edited:
Back