Crucial Adrenaline Solid State Cache Solution

Gman496

Super Moderator
Staff member
Anyone have more Info on this?

I'm looking at buying the Crucial M4 SSD and just spotted this on their site.

COMING SOON! Crucial Adrenaline Solid State Cache Solution.

Get the best of both worlds: SSD-like performance and the existing capacity of your hard drive. The Crucial Adrenaline solution places, or "caches", your most frequently needed files to a Crucial SSD while storing your less frequently used files on the system hard drive. LINK

I'm assuming it's going to take any secondary HDD storage and keep less used files on that rather than the SSD itself? Will there be a need for a particular Mobo feature to work in conjunction with this or is it going to be totally controlled by the drive\firmware itself?

-

Ah!, I just found this on their site.

• Combines a cost-effective, high-performance SSD with an existing hard drive to enable the best of both worlds: SSD-like performance with the high storage capacity of a hard drive.
  • Comprises a 50GB Crucial® m4 SSD, a 3.5" adapter bracket, and caching software.
  • Simple, two-step installation includes connecting the SSD to the motherboard with a standard SATA cable followed by installation of the software. LINK:

Hell, it would help if I scrolled down eh? I just found the answer to your original post only to come back here and find you had already done it for yourself, 3 hours ago. lol

Hell, it would help if I scrolled down eh? I just found the answer to your original post only to come back here and find you had already done it for yourself, 3 hours ago. lol
LOL

Actually the new Z68 Motherboards have SRT cache (Smart Response Technology) which from what I can see does the same thing.

Back