Cruizer blade 64 problem

frundlemud

Hello. I have the Sandisk above usb stick normally plugged into my trusty Zgemma H2s. I has become corrupted (probably me) it is on RAW so not accessible on stb or Windows. I have old but quite quick win 7 laptop and have tried a couple of things. The stick shows as write protected on Zgemma and not readable on laptop. I have tried CMD route to 'attributes disk clear read only' but no luck. says clear but not. Tried CMD format route but the old 'write protected' message appears.
Any Ideas how to get out of RAW and reformat to FAT32 ta

I do not need the data from this drive

Last edited:
Thanks for that a decent tool. All goes well until final click, and then the dreaded message 'write protected' this seem to be all part of RAW windows can't get past it and even when CMD says it has been cleared it is still there as far as windows is concerned.

I had Simular problem I put mine back into my zgemma initialised it waited till completion took it back out of my box put it in my laptop running windows 10 and it read it and reformatted it have you tried bootice aswell

thanks bazcfc. error read only file system.
Willo3092. Yes but I tried it again and I thought is was doing the changing of attributes but wrong. It has not changed the attributes with the
' attributes disk clear read only ' command. check 'attributes disk ' and the Read only state is still 'Yes'
bit of a teaser may be new stick needed. RAW is the real problem and may not be totally corrupt but I don't give up easily. This problem is not unknown with my make of stick. (google)

Willo3092. Scanning at the mo with PW but seems like a fairly long job. I will return.

but and this is it Read only is popping up hmm

Last edited:
I had the same problem with a stick a couple of years ago and the solution was diskpart but it involved quite a string of commands.
I will try and find the link.

The programs come up against the Read Only issues so no further action can be taken in the program. I am trying a older prog called
Test Disc which is earlier version of RAW or so i have read.

Thanks for trying I can read as in recover files but still no write 'read only'
Bottom line is my SanDisk may have problems. My knowledge of sectors, partitions etc is limited learning as I go.
I may be that just the first boot part of the drive is corrupt. I need something that will get over 'read only'

Do you have access to a Linux or Mac PC,?
Windows has massive issues with any sort of drive that isn't a native filesystem such as FAT or NTFS

steptoe hi, I do or did have a linux partition on a old desktop booting windows or linux but not sure if I still have it.Shed or box room. I am away tomorrow but Tues i will explore a little more but the chances are I will buy a usb stick soon

Update.
bought new stick 64g. The one I was trying to fix seems to have a Master boot record issue. I accessed it using TestDisk and all the files are recovered, not a there was anything useful as it was used for backup and recording the odd football match.
I may be able to rewrite the boot to be accessible to windows not sure but for the moment it is in the drawer.

Thanks all for you efforts.

Do you have access to a Linux or Mac PC,?
Windows has massive issues with any sort of drive that isn't a native filesystem such as FAT or NTFS

I'm not following this?
I've recently tried to flash a zgemma using only a Mac book...what a ball-ache!
1) the usb's cannot be formatted to FAT32, the only option is 'erase' - WTF?
2) Bootice can't run because it's a windows app/tool
3) downloading flash files is weird - the file is unzipped during download?
So the outcome is the same every time - the zgemma will not recognise any usb (presumably because of the formatting) not even got a clue as to whether the flash files are going on the usb still compressed as it doesn't show they are zipped, unzipped or anything else. Bootice cannot check the usb structure for me.
Tried the usb's in the zgemma, initialise and then flash online, the 7gb Kingston comes up with 'not enough free space - need 300mb to flash online'
The 16gb Cruzer initialises, then when you try to flash online it comes up with 'cannot unmount usb/hdd'

I'm not following this?
I've recently tried to flash a zgemma using only a Mac book...what a ball-ache!
1) the usb's cannot be formatted to FAT32, the only option is 'erase' - WTF?
2) Bootice can't run because it's a windows app/tool
3) downloading flash files is weird - the file is unzipped during download?
So the outcome is the same every time - the zgemma will not recognise any usb (presumably because of the formatting) not even got a clue as to whether the flash files are going on the usb still compressed as it doesn't show they are zipped, unzipped or anything else. Bootice cannot check the usb structure for me.
Tried the usb's in the zgemma, initialise and then flash online, the 7gb Kingston comes up with 'not enough free space - need 300mb to flash online'
The 16gb Cruzer initialises, then when you try to flash online it comes up with 'cannot unmount usb/hdd'

Try gParted, I'm pretty sure that is available for Mac,
Or, right click the USB and see if Format is an option, it is in Linux.

Try gParted, I'm pretty sure that is available for Mac,
Or, right click the USB and see if Format is an option, it is in Linux.

cheers, there are options when you click erase, but no FAT32, only exfat, right click doesn't do anything unfortunately.
Also do compressed file automatically unzip on a Mac? - downoading openatv zip files and they don't need unzipping, it's just the zgemma folder

cheers, there are options when you click erase, but no FAT32, only exfat, right click doesn't do anything unfortunately.
Also do compressed file automatically unzip on a Mac? - downoading openatv zip files and they don't need unzipping, it's just the zgemma folder
Are you downloading with archive manager (or whatever mac calls it) ? Don't, just save the file.
Archive manager automatically decompresses the file.

Are you downloading with archive manager (or whatever mac calls it) ? Don't, just save the file.
Archive manager automatically decompresses the file.

I'm just downloading it by clicking on the filename of the image usb file on openatv website...if i save it, do i unzip it myself after that?
it seems that mac is downloading and unzipping it but it doesn't look right to me

I'm just downloading it by clicking on the filename of the image usb file on openatv website...if i save it, do i unzip it myself after that?
it seems that mac is downloading and unzipping it but it doesn't look right to me
Yes, save the file, then unzip it yourself,
I'm not well up with how Macs work, it's been a while since I used them, but it based on *nix and a lot of commands are the same so I'd guess it's very similar to Linux.

Back