GrogBuild current issues with no softcams

grog68

VIP Member
TK Supporter
Over the past week or so the softcam feeds for OpenATV based builds have been playing up to say the least.

on grogbuild Freerange I have updated the softcam feed ipk to use cams on my feeds and I know @wooshman is working on doing the same.

I have tested on a h52tc, cccam and mgcamd worked, oscam didn't for some reason, I am looking into that.

It should be fine for both mipsel and arm boxes, I've not tested on arm box yet as the boss is sat in front of it and it's more than my lifes worth to interupt her.

Newly flashed boxes should now work, if oscam doesn't work then use one of other cams

If you don't want to reflash your box please try (trial and error here) connecting to your box via putty or the terminal in openwebif and entering the following commands

Code:
opkg remove softcam-feed-universal

rm /etc/opkg/secret-feed.conf

opkg update

opkg install softcam-feed-universal

opkg update

exit

You should now be able to download the cams via the downloadable plugins list.

Please let me know if it works/fails for you.

Hi need some help I have the h7c using grogbuild installed mgcam 1.35 as told no other mg will work.The problem is 1.35 is not in softcam panel so I have to keep adding my line to add line plugin to restart the cam after a reboot is there another way to start the mgcam 1.35

Used the latest Grogbuild on my Zgemma H2S and all came online fine, but with the softcams (CCCam) the only was I got it to work was I had to install the cccam (2.3.2-r1-de) using the online download plugins. Installing through command line didnt work (although no errors on screen) and through IPK didnt install either with no errors.

Oh well at least it works and hope it helps someone else.

Back