Currys pc world.

Jethro

TK Veteran
Hi everyone hope you can help, I will keep it as short as I can, I bought a tv last February with 12 months warranty, as the tv is now not working plus they have said they have written it off as they cant get parts from manufacturer, they have sent me a txt to claim a voucher for a tv replacement, does this voucher cover the full amount when I purchased the tv, tried contacting them but it's a pain up the arse, any info appreciated thanks.

If the tv is under warranty, and a replacement is not viable. You should be reimbursed the full purchase price, or a tv of the equivalent value.. we broke a Bosch kettle, the kettle was no longer available, so a straight swop to an equivalent was offered . The kettle was. £100

We live in the sticks, water is disgusting. We have water filters filters fitted sink boiler etc.. but our water murders elements on kettles, 8 months is the average, so currys extra warrenty comes in handy.

Last edited:
Thanks m8, I will probably have a different make as reviews on toshiba aren't that good anyway, dont mind paying a bit extra.

Yeah samsung and lg are the main players for tvs nowadays but hisense seem to be pretty good aswell and i think they bought out sharp a few years ago and rebranded under the name hisense

It will cover full wack I had it with an indiset washer paddles fell off inside drum after a few washes and gave me a voucher for a new one to same amount as what I had spent but that was when comet was still trading I would go into store and see what they have to say tbh

Thanks everyone much appreciated for you're comments, I will find out tonight, I was looking at hisense and jvc tvs last night but Samsung has best reviews.

It was but they wouldn't let me pay extra to upgrade for some reason, there loss.

What the hell is the difference in getting a different brand or paying extra for a better model?
Lg and Samsung need a good long warranty as life of some of those can be 4 - 5 years.

Demand a refund, not replacement, if your rules outside the EU (lol) are the same as ours, that certainly should be an option.
Repair, replace, or refund is the rule here(if you dont accept their glib excuses) and as they couldn't do either of the first two, the third is the only alternative.

Oh, and their commissions are not your problem, its theirs and theirs alone.

I told them I would pay extra £100 for a Panasonic tv, there rules wouldn't let me, strange one.

At that point I would've kicked up a fuss and said fine refund the cost back to whatever my payment method originally was and I will go buy elsewhere ..

You had every right for a full refund.

Do not allow retailers to fob you off with rules they try to come up with for warranty issues that bend the clear rules of the consumers rights act.

Last edited:
Back