CWS mgcamd help

being using c lines for years so not a total amateur but it's time for a new line and the one i've got this time is a CWS line, which is mgcamd innit?
done a nice clean install of open atv and installed mgcamd_1.38r1 and from what i could garner did everything right.
inputted the cws to a newcamd.list and mg_cfg are both in usr/keys but am only getting freeview.
no new ecm info shows in softcam panel.
there are a bunch of mg files called example in the usr/keys folder is this the problem?
mg_cfg is a file filetype is that the issue?
im sure im doing something dumb but am pulling what little hair i have out so any help would be appreciated.

being using c lines for years so not a total amateur but it's time for a new line and the one i've got this time is a CWS line, which is mgcamd innit?
done a nice clean install of open atv and installed mgcamd_1.38r1 and from what i could garner did everything right.
inputted the cws to a newcamd.list and mg_cfg are both in usr/keys but am only getting freeview.
no new ecm info shows in softcam panel.
there are a bunch of mg files called example in the usr/keys folder is this the problem?
mg_cfg is a file filetype is that the issue?
im sure im doing something dumb but am pulling what little hair i have out so any help would be appreciated.

Have you rebooted the box then restarted the softcam in softcam panel?
did you scan for channels?
when you say you input the line, did you just put it in newcamd.list? - you don't put it in mg_cfg as well as this is the softcam

if you did, go back in there and delete the line from mg_cfg but it may be corrupted now

mg_cfg is a file filetype
Have you rebooted the box then restarted the softcam in softcam panel?
did you scan for channels?
when you say you input the line, did you just put it in newcamd.list? - you don't put it in mg_cfg as well as this is the softcam

if you did, go back in there and delete the line from mg_cfg but it may be corrupted now

rebooted multiple times, never touched the mg_cfg file just transferred one i downloaded, the cws is only in the newcamd.line after
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300 CWS = myline

delete all text from the newcamd.list so it's completely blank and just paste your line begining with CWS in, close it, then restart the softcam
also,perform a network test before you do that, you want all green ticks:
menu>setup>system>network>device setup>network test

I have heard copy and paste failing on some users,try typing it on and save exit and restart cam.
What was the line for sat or uk cable?

network test is all green, just my line starting with cws in newcamd.list and its for cable in england.
same schtick, freeview is fine but nada for all else.

Back