Dash cam recommendations

Monty2468

Hi Folks, I’m looking to get a relatively cheap (sub £80 if poss) dash cam which has reasonable quality for night use. I’ve looked through a load of reviews ranging from cheap £30-50 units from Campark and Apeman to name a few, through to Nextbase units at £100+.

Just wondered if anyone had some real world experience of any of the cheaper units, I don’t want to spend £80 plus, if there’s a good alternative for £50 or so.

Many thanks

Monty

I got a nextbase 312GW to stick on the windscreen of a lorry, the video's where as good as the blackvue that I had in the car.
But of course the blackvue had a camera facing the back as well and was a few years old.
Got a new car and had a thinkware fitted (was a deal) that is fantastic quality but expensive.

The cheap ones are usually crap, I had a free one with car insurance deal, I think it was something like kitkat in name worked ok but sold it on Ebay, I have one in the draw Her indoors bought as a present similar to Nexbase models I think its Miabase or something like that which was good but now I have got rid of the Jag and we are down to one car she won't let me put it in ( hers our car)

The cheap ones are usually crap, I had a free one with car insurance deal, I think it was something like kitkat in name worked ok but sold it on Ebay, I have one in the draw Her indoors bought as a present similar to Nexbase models I think its Miabase or something like that which was good but now I have got rid of the Jag and we are down to one car she won't let me put it in ( hers our car)
Yes that's what happened to me when I retired a few months ago her Hyundi was too small for me and my Merc too big for her, ended up with a new Honda Civic between us, the cost of a good camera system is negligible when your talking this sort of money.

I’ve used Xaiomi Yi 1080p dashcams for the last couple of years. To be fair, I”ve nothing to compare them with, but for £30 you cant go wrong. A good, functional bluetooth app to download to also.
I just bought a xaoimi mobile M8 mobile as my contract ended and I was left with a Windows 10 phone, brilliant phone and all for £109 refurbished fron Argos it's as good as any Samsumg model I have owned up to S9

Back