DAZN app on Android box

Richard0105

Registered
I'm trying to get the DAZN app on my Android box but not having much luck.

I've got a Spider VPN router that is set to Canada that the Android box (T9 running Android 8) is wired to.

If I try to install through the Play Store it tells me it can't be installed in your country. So I've read you can change your Play Store location, but I'm reluctant to do this as you can only do it once a year & I won't be able to use Google related payments in £'s. So the other option I was thinking was to install the apk from a site like apk mirror. So I tried a couple, they say they're installed but they don't seem to open.

My final idea was to install the DAZN addon in KODI but after installation it says it can't be played in my country - even though my VPN is set to Canada. Is there another location setting I need to change in KODI or should the VPN be enough?

Has anyone got any ideas what I'm doing wrong or what else I could try?

bazcfc1

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Dazan is only available in selected countries try setting your vpn to usa mate and may work Eddie hearn won't allow it in UK as box office events are cheap enough over here compared to America as start from 70-100 dollers a ppv event over there

Richard0105

Registered
Cheers, I know it's avaliable in Canada, USA, Italy, Spain, Germany, Austria, Switzerland, Austria & Japan. I went for Canada as I get a better speed than USA (english speaking countries) but I'll try with all those countries first before giving up! £100 for all 380 prem league games from an official source seems the way forward to me. 'If' I can get it working though!

Richard0105

Registered
I don't think it's as simple as just changing location & downloading the app. I think they know I'm using a VPN as I get this message:

"If you are seeing this page in a location where you can usually watch DAZN, please check you have disabled any proxies, VPNs, or other routing software and try again. If you are still seeing this message, get in touch with your Internet service provider."

I'd like to know from something that has done it how they did it

Richard0105

Registered
Just an update, I think I was being stupid & not restarting my VPN router everytime I switched countries! Now I can access the DAZN website to sign up, via the Spain, Germany, USA & Canada versions.
So I know the Spider VPN works & allows DAZN.

The next hurdle is getting the app from the Google Play store. I had to create a new Google account & after I'd started from scratch, cleared cache & data, it allowed me to download it! Happy days I thought. Unfortunately when I open the app it displays 'Sorry, DAZN is not avaliable in your country yet 10-006-002'
So I switched from Canada to Spain, cleared everything again & enabled location permissions for the app in the Android settings & it worked!!!

I will sign up for a free month to see how it runs but fingers crossed this will be a 'legitimate' way of reliably watching all Premier League games & boxing ppv's (amongst other stuff) for a reasonable price.

rs500nutter

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Just an update, I think I was being stupid & not restarting my VPN router everytime I switched countries! Now I can access the DAZN website to sign up, via the Spain, Germany, USA & Canada versions.
So I know the Spider VPN works & allows DAZN.

The next hurdle is getting the app from the Google Play store. I had to create a new Google account & after I'd started from scratch, cleared cache & data, it allowed me to download it! Happy days I thought. Unfortunately when I open the app it displays 'Sorry, DAZN is not avaliable in your country yet 10-006-002'
So I switched from Canada to Spain, cleared everything again & enabled location permissions for the app in the Android settings & it worked!!!

I will sign up for a free month to see how it runs but fingers crossed this will be a 'legitimate' way of reliably watching all Premier League games & boxing ppv's (amongst other stuff) for a reasonable price.
The things we have to do just to watch football lol but at least it sounds like your getting somewhere with it now and may help others trying to go down the same route etc

Richard0105

Registered
The things we have to do just to watch football lol but at least it sounds like your getting somewhere with it now and may help others trying to go down the same route etc
Yeah. I'll get a free month trial at the weekend I think, to see if it actually works!

jclappi

Registered
Any luck?

There are several providers this year offering all prem games; Spark sports / Optus / Bein / NBC / NOW TV Hong Kong etc as well as DAZN. Sure most have apps. I might try and get a few trials and see if I can gt any of the others to work.

Richard0105

Registered
Any luck?

There are several providers this year offering all prem games; Spark sports / Optus / Bein / NBC / NOW TV Hong Kong etc as well as DAZN. Sure most have apps. I might try and get a few trials and see if I can gt any of the others to work.
I haven't done it yet, I'll sign up on Friday I reckon & report back

jclappi

Registered
I had a look yesterday. Downloaded the DAZN app from Apptoide rather than Playstore which worked fine. Stuck VPN on, signed up to a months free trial, logged in to watch the Supercup final in Full HD with no buffering. Perfect...(almost). The only problem was the commentary was in German and there was no way to change it! Apparently they just stream from whichever source they have the license for the specific matches from so different comps are in different languages. Guessing EPL will have English Comms but Champs league / Europa may not.

Richard0105

Registered
I had a look yesterday. Downloaded the DAZN app from Apptoide rather than Playstore which worked fine. Stuck VPN on, signed up to a months free trial, logged in to watch the Supercup final in Full HD with no buffering. Perfect...(almost). The only problem was the commentary was in German and there was no way to change it! Apparently they just stream from whichever source they have the license for the specific matches from so different comps are in different languages. Guessing EPL will have English Comms but Champs league / Europa may not.
Nice one, thanks for sharing. Which country was your vpn in when you signed up?
Also I think there's a price difference between the $ & € countries aswell - I hope the content is just the same.
If I sign up via a different country to you then maybe we can compare notes!

jclappi

Registered
I think the content is the same, when I was looking at why the stream was in German it said that you could travel between any of the countries and still use the app as normal.

I was using NordVPN and set to Spain

Richard0105

Registered
I'm currently playing around with the countries. For the annual subscription Spain is €100, Germany €120, Canada C$150, USA $100.

I'll do a few more but Spain is looking the cheapest so far

Richard0105

Registered
Italy is €9.99/mth (no annual option), Switzerland is CHF129 (£109).
The overall cheapest option would be to sign up via the USA site, which is $100 (£82.50) but my VPN won't give me access to the signup page unfortunately.
Second best seems to be Spain €99 (£92).

That's pretty good really, £7.60/mth for all sport - IF it works ok.

Bigdrinks

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Does DAZN show different content in the different countries?

The reason I ask is that forthcoming Premier League games all seem to be covered on DAZN Canada and the odd game on DAZN Spain and Brazil, but no other country is listed. This is according to ‘liveonsat.com’ !

Richard0105

Registered
I'm not sure. Also I noticed that not all the countries showed the Prem League logo in the adverts. Canada, Germany, Italy & Switzerland didn't. This probably doesn't mean anything though

Bigdrinks

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
Looking at the home page for DAZN Germany, I couldn’t see any Premier League games listed in their epg!

Richard0105

Registered
So the next question is if you sign up to an account in a country, say Spain, are your details locked to that Spanish account, showing what the Spanish version of DAZN is showing?

Or once you've got an account (Spanish) will the details get you into a USA version of the app, for example?

I'd be annoyed if I signed up to the German version & there was no Prem League!

I thought I'd read on Twitter somewhere that once you've got an account you don't even need your VPN on, but I find that hard to believe.