DCC or Filezilla

jbhoy69

Hi,

Currently running an openbox where I have used updates of lines and channels with usb.

Thinking of changing my box to zgemma however a bit concerned about the above FTP platforms as I have never used them. I have read up on Sucumansee's latest image download and guidelines but got some worries about the stage after usb flash where you use the FTP to input line.

Any advice? preferred FTP? or how you set it up to work across network?

As usual always grateful for the guidance that you provide.

filezilla is very easy to use but i perfer flash fxp as its very user friendly,just give 1 of us guys a shout will help you no prob

I just set a local network up in windows with my box.

Get your network connection from your enigm2 box Press Menu/Information/Network
write your IP number down.

On step 4 below as the address enter ftp://root@yourip number ( e.g. should look like this ftp://root@192.168.1.34)

Windows 8 Add a network location

1. Open Computer
  2. Now Click on Add a network location button from the standard toolbar.
  3. Click Next (Add network location), Choose a custom network location, Next
  4. Click on “Browse” to select a network drive of the folder; otherwise if you know the folder or drive you can type it directly into the “Internet or network address” text box. Click Next.
  5. Enter your username and password, check Remember my credentials, click OK
  6. Type a name for this network location, click Next and Finish

Last edited:
It looks overwhelming to begin with but there are user friendly guides and friendly users on here that will get you through, I use filezilla and find it very easy now, but at first was a bit reluctant, once connected its just like looking through files/folders on any computer.

Cheers for replies folks still waiting on new box arriving but thought I would get my head around one of these first.

Any free downloads for DCC, Filezilla or others mentioned above or would it be ok to just google ?

I use fat 32 formated usb for openbox updates without issue. This way is new for me.

---------- Post Merged at 02:35 PM ----------

Its for enigma2 boxes, don't think it works on openbox.

cheers mate this might explain why i cannot get the dcc to connect just now as i am trying out on an openbox.

I keep getting an error message saying Error 10057 in function. Send socket is not connected.

I was ready to sack DCC and try one of the others recommended too. Can someone advise if my error is because I am trying with openbox? and should connect ok whenever I hook up pending zgemma?

DCC or filezilla and the likes are for linux based boxes, openbox/skybox/libertyview are closed source so not possible, usb or null modem only

If you are using Sucmnsee Vix hades Image if you look on page 9 There is a step by step idiots guide using filezilla

Cheers mate. Just trying to check dcc in advance but looks like what i am trying is not possible for now. Thanks for your signpost.

---------- Post Merged at 10:38 PM ----------

I was tring in f5 to check how it works not aware ot wouldn't read. Doh

I used filezilla but sometimes it wouldn't handshake with my box , even when the box was def online , DCC worked right away and every time asked, plus easy to use,pabs

Back