Dead Skybox F3S

newbz

Hi all,

Went to watch something and the box did not have anything on the display panel, tried switching off/on using switch then unplugging with no joy. I noticed when messing about with it that both the plug and the box itself were overly hot.

Tested PSU and it is showing correct voltage. Opened box and no swollen capacitors or black bits. Though the chip that the heatsink sits on is really hot.

Also when powered on there is a constant faint noise (Like a watch ticking)

I followed the recover dead skybox guide and tried to reflash but I get a "Set stb memory error. Click "Back" to try again"

When using the program, after resetting the box it does say done, then thinks for a few seconds, then gives the error above, the programs knows the box is there but for some reason does not reflash. I have tried chosing the dump option and clicked back and forth.

I have only tried the original firmware from the Skybox site as I think it is genuine.

Any suggestions? New mainboard or just go for a new box (Box was is out of warranty)

Thanks

Get a new box---if heatsink has overheated then core chip has fried.
You may have suffered a power surge or box has overheated by there being no air circulation---always operate boxes off a surface--raise by using 4 corks, 1 at each corner.
Reaper.

Hi,

hoping someone can help, my F3S box doesn'u boot. It gets to 95 then stands still. I believe it may be a clone, can someone point me towards the right direction pls

Hi mate
this sounds like a similar problem I'm having with mines this morning.

the box suddenly lost power with display, not sure what happened

what did you end up doing??

Back