Decent whisky, gift for a true gent. Help needed.

stuss

V.i.P Oakley connesuir
TK Supporter
A little bit of advise needed for a friend who is in need of cheering up, for any members who enjoy a glass of Whisky/Whiskey.
Recommend Brands.
Any help appreciated

Last edited:
whisky , or , whiskey ?
what sort of budget.?

Glenfiddich is a nice whisky, at a reasonable price, as is Green Bush (Bushmills whiskey)
Canadian Club is a nice Rye

Not to indulgent,

Whiskey or Whisky
Excuse my ignorance.

Around the £50 - £70 Cantankerous old, so & so, but a Gent.

Not to indulgent,

Whiskey or Whisky
Excuse my ignorance.

Around the £50 - £70 Cantankerous old, so & so, but a Gent.
whisky is Scottish derived, whiskey is Irish derived ,
there is no E in Scotland,
its just really down to how its blended/distilled as to how it finally tastes, subtle differences in how it feels on the palate,
some people much prefer one over the other, others dont mind either,

whisky is Scottish derived, whiskey is Irish derived ,
there is no E in Scotland,
its just really down to how its blended/distilled as to how it finally tastes, subtle differences in how it feels on the palate,
some people much prefer one over the other, others dont mind either,
Appologies for my ignorance

Quite a difficult question to answer without knowing what he likes.

As a gift, this one has a bit of novelty appeal, if I was buying a gift for a conniseur within the price range you've set aside, I'd buy this and be confident they'd be happy with the gift.

Strathclyde Grain 2006 - 12 Year Old - Distillery Edition : The Whisky Exchange

I'm partial to a whisky myself, all the supermarkets stock a good range of single malts and you don't need to spend more than £30 to get a good bottle, nicely presented in a box, that'd make a nice gift.

Let us know what you end up buying please.

For me either southern comfort jamersons or jack Daniels.
But there not gift ones well suppose you could if you put them in a fancy bag lol

Very subjective as everyone's taste is different. Any clue what his normal tipple is? I'm big on Bourbon and Rye, I love Scotch too but mainly ones from the Islay region.

I'd recommend Wild Turkey 101 bourbon £26 on Amazon. It's literally one of my favourites out of anything for the price. Superb neat but also great in an old fashioned, I've not met anyone that hasn't liked that when I've made it, even the girls love it lol. 101 proof but you wouldn't know drinking neat, balanced and a cracking spice kick.

For Scotch I'd go with Talisker 10 year old £30 in Tesco at the minute. If he doesn't like a bit of smoke then Monkey shoulder which is a blend of malts, easy drinker you can't go wrong with and £22 on Amazon.

Grab a bottle of 101....

Some years ago wasting time at Gatwick while waiting boarding details fo our Jamaica holiday, there was a lady giving out samples of 18 year old Cardu single malt, smooth and gorgeous!
Since getting half cut at the duty free shop I have bought a bottle for myself and Son in Law every Xmas, bit expensive for all year round drinking

But there not gift ones well suppose you could if you put them in a fancy bag lol
whiskey is scottish yes there may be other so called whiskeys made abroad Im sure a good scottish malt would be best. But I cannot comment there are so many and everyones taste is different :laughing: I cant stand the stuff used to be vodka for me I could drink a malt whiskey an od time but normal whiskey no :ROFLMAO:

whiskey is scottish yes there may be other so called whiskeys made abroad Im sure a good scottish malt would be best. But I cannot comment there are so many and everyones taste is different :laughing: I cant stand the stuff used to be vodka for me I could drink a malt whiskey an od time but normal whiskey no :ROFLMAO:
as I said earlier
Whisky is scottish
Whiskey is Irish
there is a difference

both borbourns, so not true Whiskey/whisky

I honestly know nothing regards whisky/whiskey.
Best Reviews are the drinkers whom drink Whiskey / whisky. Thanks for your help.

Back