Defecting from Blade

drowzee1872

Hi All,

Can someone help me. I am becoming frustrated with the BM5000s. A good machine, but very glitchy.

I have been looking to get a Cloud Ibox 2, but would like to know the following from current owners.

Easy of use: Is setup difficult?

PVR: Does the PVR and Timer work like they should ?

EPG: Is the EPG 7 day updated and can it receive European channel lists for broadcasts from satellites other than 28.2E.

Whilst I know most people dislike Skyboxes, the EPG at least does allow me to know what is on TV from 19.2E and 13.0E. I have been thinking of getting an A3 but have considered the Ibox 2.

Any help, much appreciated.

Setup isnt simple but you can flash a pre setup image to it make things much easier. Its no more difficult than any of the other enigma 2 boxs. I like my ibox 2+ but be aware it is at the bottom end of budget boxs and therefore has much less support.
To everything else he answer is yes and much better :-)

Last edited:
Setup isnt simple but you can flash a pre setup image to it make things much easier. Its more difficult than any of the other enigma 2 boxs. I like my ibox 2+ but be aware it is at the bottom end of budget boxs and therefore has much less support.
To everything else he answer is yes and much better :-)

I've been reading that some of the streaming movie plugins crash all the time. Is this true? I'd like to be able to stream movies without issue.

Thats being done by dumbguy and as long as he gives me the go-ahead ill post the version hes sent me set up my way. But the credit for all the online goes to him. Proxys and stuff all done by him. But in the version ive tried hes done a great job so far. Hes just fixed more since and im having bother getting it to flash properly (this could just be me or the version of BU we're using)

---------- Post Merged at 09:26 PM ----------

Id like to stress this is a clone £65 version of a £150 box so please keep this in mind...... it aint going to be as good and im not trying to say it will be. But its damn good for the money lol

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies.

£60 or no I do not want to brick it!

I have looked at the new Skybox F6. It is Skybox, and they promise a lot and deliver not so well! But it does the job!

I have seen one Cloud Ibox 2, comes setup with Open Pli ... How do I know if this is the best image?

Like I've said in the first post, I just want to watch TV, record programs I want it to record, and tell me what's on and when. plugins like iplayer I have a PC or tablet for !

Well for budget tv epg record timeshift and streaming its great.
Only way you can brick it is by running a bootloader. (The wrong bootloader)

And compared to a skybox its brilliant IMHO

But like anything else what can you afford? If you can afford £120 then look up round that price.

Last edited:
Its the same as the 07/07/14 one in downloads section here with a sky skin and lots of online streaming and proxy work done by dumbguy. But the basis wss a cloud ibox safe vix helios 017 fully updated.
I havnt uploaded it here until I get the more recent 1 from dumbguy flashing for me. Having little problems flashing it properly my end. New 1 soon though

Thanks for the replies.

£60 or no I do not want to brick it!

I have looked at the new Skybox F6. It is Skybox, and they promise a lot and deliver not so well! But it does the job!

I have seen one Cloud Ibox 2, comes setup with Open Pli ... How do I know if this is the best image?

Like I've said in the first post, I just want to watch TV, record programs I want it to record, and tell me what's on and when. plugins like iplayer I have a PC or tablet for !

Skybox F6 is a clone. Skybox haven't manufactured a F6.

Back