Delay in getting a paid channel picture when switching from free channel.

c1raldo

Box: Gigablue Quad Plus- Running the latest OpenVix 4.2 - Using mgcamd 1.38 (N line)

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post (mods please move to appropriate sub forum if so).

Ever since I made the decision to buy my first E2 box, the entire experience has been one steep learning curve. I'm really grateful to Bees awesome guide that I found on this forum, it really proved incredibly helpful.

I am new to the world of lines/cams, so please forgive me. I present an issue that I am currently experiencing each time I wake my box from standby. See short video here: (EDIT: I don't have the ability to post youtube links on this forum yet)

Basically, when I turn on the telly and switch from a FTA channel to any paid channel, there's a wee wait of approx 50 seconds before the picture finally appears. After that little delay, switching between various paid channels is as per normal thereon.

I have sought assistance from the seller of the line but to no avail as he says that the problem isn't server related. So I hope someone can kindly help or suggest a few solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Box: Gigablue Quad Plus- Running the latest OpenVix 4.2 - Using mgcamd 1.38 (N line)

Apologies if this is the wrong place to post (mods please move to appropriate sub forum if so).

Ever since I made the decision to buy my first E2 box, the entire experience has been one steep learning curve. I'm really grateful to Bees awesome guide that I found on this forum, it really proved incredibly helpful.

I am new to the world of lines/cams, so please forgive me. I present an issue that I am currently experiencing each time I wake my box from standby. See short video here: (EDIT: I don't have the ability to post youtube links on this forum yet)

Basically, when I turn on the telly and switch from a FTA channel to any paid channel, there's a wee wait of approx 50 seconds before the picture finally appears. After that little delay, switching between various paid channels is as per normal thereon.

I have sought assistance from the seller of the line but to no avail as he says that the problem isn't server related. So I hope someone can kindly help or suggest a few solutions?

Thanks in advance!

Interesting post. I have the exact same issue. I'm using openvix, mgcamd1.35a.

Now my situation is a little different, my provider has 2 servers, on server 1 i don't get this 60 second blank screen delay but on his 2nd server I do. The provider says it isn't server related but I bet £100 it is because how can his first server work fine and the second one blank out using the same mgcamd config?

I also got a line off another provider using my same config file and box and the new line works perfectly, so it doesn't make sense.

Out of interest do you have a keepalive setting in your newcam.list file?

KEEPALIVE = 300
Servers use this to kick stale connections from the server most say 60.
So after 60 mins of inactivity your line is kicked meaning you have to reconnect when Turning over channels that's why it's taking some time to switch channel.

Thanks for all the replies guys, much appreciated.

Keep alive is a new thing to me but it's quite apparent from the replies that's what I need. Would anyone be kind enough to advise how I can set it up on my line?

(PS: Would I still be getting this problem if I changed Mgcamd from 1.38 to 1.35?)

Thanks.

KEEPALIVE = 300
Servers use this to kick stale connections from the server most say 60.
So after 60 mins of inactivity your line is kicked meaning you have to reconnect when Turning over channels that's why it's taking some time to switch channel.

So would 60 be better or 300?

Show us the format for N lines and i heard that you would have to ask your line provider if you're allowed to use 'keep alive' is this true?

Most are set to 60 anyway mate.

KEEPALIVE=300
CWS = madeupserver.biz 11543 dillyp70 agri41s 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

As for asking server not to sure mate
If he says no tell him your getting a delay switching if he still says no move server.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. Added the keepalive time in the newcamd file and it seems to be working well even though my provider said I shouldn't need to have it.

Most are set to 60 anyway mate.

KEEPALIVE=300
CWS = madeupserver.biz 11543 dillyp70 agri41s 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13 14

As for asking server not to sure mate
If he says no tell him your getting a delay switching if he still says no move server.

Thanks for that helpful post. I have edited and updated my line to include the keepalive=300 and restarted the mgcamd but unfortunately the issue still persists.

Will revert back to guy who I bought the line from. Cheers for all the helpful replies. Much appreciated.

as for cam the proper one to use is 1.38 for multi tuner boxes.think i could be 50 secs on the et 10000 also.

Thanks for that helpful post. I have edited and updated my line to include the keepalive=300 and restarted the mgcamd but unfortunately the issue still persists.

Will revert back to guy who I bought the line from. Cheers for all the helpful replies. Much appreciated.

Just to let you know that I added the keepalive setting like this (I added an underscore between cws and keepalive, it might help you):

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS = line details

Just to let you know that I added the keepalive setting like this (I added an underscore between cws and keepalive, it might help you):

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS = line details

So if you have multiple lines would i have to add one line above each one CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300 ? Or would the first top line do it for all the lines below?

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS = line details

When I emailed my supplier/seller that I was experiencing this issue and referencing this thread - he seemed to question if it was an issue at my end, saying he hadn't received any other complaints from others. His response was to give me another line to test but I still was experiencing the same issue. So I got a test line from a different seller and had no issues so it confirmed that everything was good at my end and the issue was with the seller/server.

However before I was going to revert back to him, I saw your post and decided to give it a go... It's been a week now and so far it seems to have done the trick nicely! (Knowing my luck, I've probably just jinxed it now by saying that!)

Thanks for your tip and also thanks to those who took the time to reply to my OP.

Cheers.

I have 2 h2s boxes with 2 separate lines from 2 different suppliers and get the same problem on both I run wooshbuild on both both N-lines both on mgcamd_1.38rl

You'd have to use filezilla to ftp keep alive part onto line or edit your newcamd.list file then readd via usb

Back