Desktop pc issue

cactikid

VIP Member
Strange issue on pc this morning and screen went black but mouse was still working moving on screen after it happened.Rebooted and it happened again.
windows 10 pc.

Wonder if screen will work to get a driver update?

I did try pressing many buttons on keyboard and nothing popped up,power off button works.

Not a loose cable with them screws,driver is current so it says and pc is working again for the minute,not tried safe mode as was not needed yet.
I wonder could firefox crash a pc?

Sounds like a hard drive problem. Hard drive taking a while to communicate can mean it's starting to fail, could be time for an upgrade to an ssd

I'm edging towards a software issue, maybe with Windows or some other program clashing. The HDD is not making noises as you say, the mouse pointer was appearing and for now it's booting up again. Have you installed any new software lately?

Bugger dam xp desktop hdd went and not a sata drive,linux desktop in limbo,oh and windows 7 will have no support soon
Xp laptop wont load browser lol,bloody cursed.

Hi cactikid I had the same problem over the past few months and now PC crashed. I didn't think much of it but my Web cam light was on and now i'm getting threatening emails from my own account to myself ( if that makes sence ) asking for $ 750 bitcoins or expose my activity on the internet. I have'nt done anything wrong on the internet. The last email I got, again from myself to myself said he got in through my Router. Very disturbing......

Back