Detained McAfee Posts Bizarre Blog from Guatemalan Jail

j4v3d

VIP Member
john-mcafee.jpg

John McAfee, the founder of anti-virus security firm McAfee who is currently detained as a murder suspect, is now blogging from a jail cell in Guatemala.

McAfee was arrested on Wednesday night after illegally entering Guatemala from Belize. He been on the run since last month to evade police in Belize who consider him a person of interest in relation to the murder of his neighbor.

He recently started a blog called The Hinterland," which details his experience hiding from police, and is currently blogging from a computer given to him by police.

"I am in jail in Guatemala. Vastly superior to Belize jails," McAfee wrote. "I asked for a computer and one magically appeared. The coffee is also excellent."

He has been responding to reader posts and calls the people he has met at the jail "nice" and "sympathetic."

"I am using the computer of one of the wardens, or whatever title is used here," he wrote in another post titled "Can't Sleep." "He is a sweet man and a gentleman. The world is heavilly populated with gentle people. He makes me

coffee and tells tender stories about his life. He is a good companion. I believe I could spend weeks in the desert with him as a sole companion without once becoming irritated."

McAfee said his future is unknown as of now: "Only time will tell what will happen. No one has a crystal ball. However, I would be truly shocked if I did not conduct the press conference tomorrow as I had originally planned."

McAfee has hardly been out of the public eye while dodging police. In addition to blogging, he has been featured in video clips posted by Vice. In fact, the magazine has uploaded a video of McAfee getting detailed in Guatemala to YouTube.

[video=youtube;tWqiVhRa0xI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tWqiVhRa0xI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

McAfee tells readers to "stay tuned" and "blogging from a jail cell might be a groundbreaking activity." He also asked: "Anybody have friends in the State Department?"

McAfee founded the anti-virus software company by the same name in the late 1980s. He retired in 1994.

Photo via Johan Ordonez/AFP/Getty Images

Code:
http://mashable.com/2012/12/06/mcafee-blog-jail-guatemala/

Back