Digi power 2100 motor wobble play

Motor tube has some play in it and when it's windy only has to be 20mph it breaks up my signal. I thought with all the storms it had moved but not really realigned with meter but I can feel and see it wobble, (gap between tube and motor) the bolt going through the motor tube is rock solid. My old tm2300 has no play at all.
can I rectify this

It may have backlash adjustment.

Usually a screw under a label or grommet you peel back.

Yeah the warranty labels have already been removed can see the screws

Got it off any other sat guy, as regards to what I do to rectify I ain't got a clue.

Read
loosen the centre screws and
tighten outer
then retighten centre.

Also read use a washer to shim it.

All Greek to me lol

Last edited:
Yeah the warranty labels have already been removed can see the screws

Got it off any other sat guy, as regards to what I do to rectify I ain't got a clue.

Read
loosen the centre screws and
tighten outer
then retighten centre.

Also read use a washer to shim it.

All Greek to me lol
Have you got a pic of it the screw ?

Most motors ive come across it just a matter of tightening the screw half a turn at a time till the backlash is gone. Just make sure you don't over do it.

Well it is a sg2100 clone so is this the adjustment guide you have looked at ?

moteck_backlash_1.jpgmoteck_backlash_2.jpg

Yeah saw that guide, was not sure if it was , left ,/right play or up and down. Until I got up now ,
Too dark now will see what weather tomorrow.
What about the gap looks like it's getting wider.
What actually is backlash and can I do this in situ.

Yeah saw that guide, was not sure if it was , left ,/right play or up and down. Until I got up now ,
Too dark now will see what weather tomorrow.
What about the gap looks like it's getting wider.
What actually is backlash and can I do this in situ.
I would not worry about the gap untill you have adjusted the backlash out. It does look side to side play looking at the gap. Youll have to hope adjustment will take it out.

Basically, backlash is when gears dont mesh correctly, one gear is not tight enough in the other gear.

Thanks hope them rusted screws can move.
If I do make some adjustment but not enough to take the gap out , how can this be rectified and is it an issue.

May try looking for a new motor , tried the usual places but no stock .
Any stockists you know off.

Nice sunny day at. Do I have to take this down to adjust

If it doesn't work I may just buy a new one if I can find stock

No you dont have to take it down, but support the weight of the dish while you adjust the screws.

Back