digibit vpn?

userlee5267

TK Veteran
using digibit vpn. speeds are rubbish they just tell me to use nearest server to me and the higher number. i know maybe im expecting alot for £2 a month lol. i get 80mb wired to my firestick with vpn on and doesnt matter which server i get 0.5mb download and 20mb upload. there saying i should only be losing around 20% of my speed.

anything else to try. there isnt much options with digibit to play around with?

I stopped using digibit for the exact same reason. Signed up with Surfshark and I actually get faster download speeds with the vpn than without.

Depends on the server with me on my enigma2 box , one im using right now drops my speed from 40mbps to 32 mbps but other servers drop it right down to 6 mbps ,if you cant get more than 0.5 from any server their is certainly a major problem.

I Deleted everything off my 4k firestick. Reinstalled everything iptv and vpn.

Still getting 0.5mg speed tests using smarters app built in speed test.

But everything is streaming ok fhd channels to. Could this be a speed test problem?

The fact that you're getting 0.5 down and 20mb up seems a bit odd. I would try another speed test app to start off with. I also know that the ping stats are not vey accurate for some technical reason that I don't quite understand.

I use digibit on my H9T and get 80 down 10 up from a 100mb VM connection. This is using one of the high numbered London servers. My H9T uses their old configs that were downloaded ages ago when I installed it using dsayers excellent script.

Using the digibit android app on my Samsung S9 I get 40 down 10 up from one of the high up Hamburg servers.

Using the digibit windows app on my Windwos 10 laptop I get 50 down and 10 up from the same Hamburg server.

But for a lot of their servers I do see a significant drop in speeds across all three devices and they seem to average around 20mb down from the testing I've done.

Forgot I actually have their app on my firestick too!

On wifi using the same 100mb down connection without vpn I'm getting 65 down 10 up.

Via VPN connected to the same Hamburg server I am getting 20 down 10 up.

That's probably a bit more of a useful comparison.

Try the Iplayer listed servers, they usually are the fastest in my experience.

The thing is make sure you are using accurate speed tests aswell otherwise you will get strange results. I am with VM i know i am getting between 200 - 215 meg speeeds without a VPN. but if i use some of the speed tests that are built into apps they say i am getting 30 meg.

Back