Dinobot u5 mini settings and DVB-T/T2

Sebaino

Registered
Hello

I'm thinking about buying Dinobot u5 mini, but:

1. Will I be able to watch netflix and youtube in 4K resolution and DVB-T / T2 in FULL HD when Android TV box will be set to 4K?
Will I have to change the Android TV Box settings from 4K to FULL HD and FULL HD to 4K each time?

I am asking because I have an Android TV Box (c400plus) in which the FULL HD image disappears with the 4K TV Box settings.

2. How good is the DVB-T / T2 tuner in Dinobot u5 mini because in c400plus it searches about 40 programs less than in LG / SAMSUNG TV (143 programs on TV up to 101 in c400plus)

Sponsored Links

Kuul Media

FORUM SPONSOR
Hello

I'm thinking about buying Dinobot u5 mini, but:

1. Will I be able to watch netflix and youtube in 4K resolution and DVB-T / T2 in FULL HD when Android TV box will be set to 4K?
Will I have to change the Android TV Box settings from 4K to FULL HD and FULL HD to 4K each time?
@Sebaino
A: You can watch Netflix in 4K and Youtube in 4K. The DVB-T/T2 is available on both Android OS and Enigma 2 OS but its more beneficial to use Enigma 2 for T/T2 as you can use AutoBouquetMaker (ABM) and better graphics.

I am asking because I have an Android TV Box (c400plus) in which the FULL HD image disappears with the 4K TV Box settings.

2. How good is the DVB-T / T2 tuner in Dinobot u5 mini because in c400plus it searches about 40 programs less than in LG / SAMSUNG TV (143 programs on TV up to 101 in c400plus)
A: U5 Mini does scan all available T/T2/C/S/S2 signals however Enigma2 would be a better choice for Live Broadcast. The C400Plus is not a dual boot therefore you would have the best of both operating systems on U5 Mini

Sebaino

Registered
1. "AutoBouquetMaker" - what is this?

2. Any upgrade of this box in the near future to 3-4GB RAM and 32GB+ ROM?

Thank You

john10

Forum Supporter
how do i go back to android on this box when in wooshbuild its easy to go from android to enigma but not back,,,,other than that its a great box little glitching with part of epg that goes away as u change epg not there all the time. not had time to reflash as that may sort that,its just getting back to android easily i want to know ,got it once but i pressed so many buttons something had to happen beer didnt help great box other than that with sattelite n saoirview

Kuul Media

FORUM SPONSOR
@john10 preas the correct colour key for Android OS when the text ‘MENU’ appears on the U5 Mini.
(Digital Display on the actual device)

You only have a few seconds to press the correct colour key on yours remote before the ‘Menu’ text disappears so be quick to press this.

For glitch on epg have you tried adding external storage? Might resolve the issue.

john10

Forum Supporter
ok will try both n swap out current external hd for another n fat32 n initalise

was that the beer or trying to get back to android? dave 100

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuul Media

FORUM SPONSOR
Make sure it’s mount in device mounts as ‘media/hdd’ and check your EPG settings, change internal storage to Media/hdd also

john10

Forum Supporter
great box alright ,,concept is a long time comming ,,,only at this a few years best hobby ever also just ordered h92h

dave100

TK Veteran
Forum Supporter
It don’t seem you know a good box from a bad box
The dinobot boxes sound great but have never been supported that good
Also you will find the zgemma h7 series are streets better than the h9 series
But you may learn :smiley:

john10

Forum Supporter
have h7 at home n wont change it ,,dinobot will b sold on as it will suit some 1 as for h92h they also for sale as price got better now at 80 usd for 10 as for android i tried formulaz7+ n its a great box if i had not a h7 dino bot was a replacement