Discontinued H.2S is MORE expensive now then a year ago...yet higher spec models are cheaper

tomlee80

Perhaps some re-sellers can advise me on this. I have an H2.S that I bought back in 2016 for £99.99 'fully loaded' as you may call it (before I knew any better and before I found TechKings), then in August 2017 not long after the Sly Blackout I offered to source and setup a box for a friend. I found a Zgemma H.2S for £47.99 inc delivery on eBay and got hold of it. Wooshbuilded, N lined and IPTV subbed it for him and *BOOM* he was over the moon. Whole thing cost him less than £80.

Fast forward to today. It appears that on Zgemma's UK site what they have left of the H.2S is £79.99 and on eBay most are charging the same amount or more.

My question is: Why on earth wouldn't someone just buy an H.9S which I've seen for £62.79 or H.92s for £79.49 on eBay? What has the H.2S got that these newer more capable models don't have that commands higher prices?

remember zgemma.co.uk is just a reseller, they are not directly connected to Air DIgital. At the end of the day I suppose it's down to demand, if they can still make a profit on them then they will.

The H2s is a well established box, the H9 is still new and there have been mixed reports about how good/reliable are.

Last edited:
remember zgemma.co.uk is just a reseller, they are not directly connected to Air DIgital. At the end of the say I suppose it's down to demand, if they can still make a profit on them if they can.

The H2s is a well established box, the H9 is still new and there have been mixed reports about how good/reliable are.

I'm guessing I did well for my friend purchasing after the initial blackout because people were quick to shift the H.2S without knowing that it was actually reasonably capable of handling IPTV with the right firmware...That's what stopped me from upgrading straight away anyway.

Another way at looking at things certain components in boxes have been changed or replaced altogether in latest newer boxes + the fact older models are slow and newer latest models are much faster and less stress.
Older boxes may lose support hence why latest is more future proof.

Another way at looking at things certain components in boxes have been changed or replaced altogether in latest newer boxes + the fact older models are slow and newer latest models are much faster and less stress.

So why charge more for the older discontinued boxes unless people are wanting a more established, time tested unit? I'd personally certainly choose an ARM powered CPU over the MIPS ones, but I also know that the H.2S ticks all the boxes required by an 'average consumer'. The fact that I have to pay more for the box that was being sold around the £40 mark 2 years ago makes me question the quality of the new tech.

I don't disagree but without actually searching I've read numerous posts reporting issues with the H9 range, which I suggest could be why people MAY look at getting the H2S, older but well proven.

I was always against those earlier boxes with all those issues and hard to flash and boot loop and umpteen threads on tk of how to fix it.Newer models will have bugs also just like other makes.
Most of the time it can be user error in setting up newer boxes on newer images as i also make mistakes and still learn.
Null modem cable and flashing boxes was simple unless you had a serial cable and usb port.
Older slower boxes may only have 1 usb port and may need cacheflush and swapfile enabled.

Back