dish size and replacing sat motor

goatie

hi folks
had lots of problems with the satelite system lately
VU+ uno 4k se went wrong (got it repaired by WoS under warrenty)
on checking the sat motor TM-2600 found the shaft that goes from sat motor and has sat dish on it is loose and woobles so getting right angle everytime its moved is near impossible
so looks like its time to change the motor

at the moment i've got 110mm dish up (and a spare 80mm dish in shed)
only want to pick up from 0.8W 4E 9E 13E 16E 19E do i need the 110mm dish or would the 88mm be ok ? i'm near Doncaster
sorry to ask simple questions but at my age everything makes my head spin & I can't multi task any more

id keep the big one for motorised as you will have more available then use the other dish for a diseqc setup (if you have spare tuners)

Id stick with the 110 also from memory i dont think the TM2600 had backlash adjustment as it said to be automatic, but if you take it down you should be able to shim it if the play is on the drop down dish mount and not the internals of the motor.

Remove the dish mount pole from the motor and youll see 2 flats from where it mounts to the motor, shim these with something like old feeler blades to take the play out. You may have to araldite them on to get the pole back on the motor without them slipping.

thanks

found it was back to front movement on the spindle, shimmed the back (maybe should have shimmed back & front rather than one side) now trying to pick up sat's got 13E but not getting others right
maybe need to move dish up/down slightly to allow for shim ?

been at it all day
got it sorted, was using a buzzer and GT media V8 meter, got great signal on buzzer but meter would not lock on and scan channels, had dish up and down ladder to try to make something to allow small up/down movement
got fed up so got best signal on the buzzer for 0.8w & 19E then went to try vu+ uno on TV low & behold all the channels were spot on
that GT media V8 seems like a waste of money

been at it all day
got it sorted, was using a buzzer and GT media V8 meter, got great signal on buzzer but meter would not lock on and scan channels, had dish up and down ladder to try to make something to allow small up/down movement
got fed up so got best signal on the buzzer for 0.8w & 19E then went to try vu+ uno on TV low & behold all the channels were spot on
that GT media V8 seems like a waste of money
I had one of them, it was shite. Not a patch on the satlink one they've tried to copy

Back