Disney hotstar india Help

Shiv

TK Veteran
Hi, I have Sonyliv (indias version) running smoothly on firestick using vpn. I’m trying to get the hotstar app (indias version) running on firestick also. Can’t seem to get the Indian version of hotstar app…keeping getting the GB version…using the vpn via downloader>Amazon.in>push app to firestick. Can anyone assist with this? I have a contact in India who can verify if need be with the code they send and in terms of payment will PayPal or revolut be okay to pay the rupee currency?

Hi, I have Sonyliv (indias version) running smoothly on firestick using vpn. I’m trying to get the hotstar app (indias version) running on firestick also. Can’t seem to get the Indian version of hotstar app…keeping getting the GB version…using the vpn via downloader>Amazon.in>push app to firestick. Can anyone assist with this? I have a contact in India who can verify if need be with the code they send and in terms of payment will PayPal or revolut be okay to pay the rupee currency?
I've sent foreign currency via PayPal.
You can change it from sterling via the drop-down list to anything you want

I think to get the Indian version of the app you can switch your location to India on the backend of your Amazon account, search for the Disney Hotstar app, deliver it to your firestick from the browser, and then switch your country back. That's how I used to get it done.

I signed up not long ago. If I recall rightly the process was:

1. Signed up to the service on laptop using VPN connected to india
2. Logged into the account on the web browser
3. Downloaded the hotstar app as normal from amazon
4. enabled vpn to india on the stick and opened app
5. using the web browser - entered the pin shown on the amazon app which logged me in

Got this message. Would this mean Express vpn can’t bypass it?

Attachments

• 98E57EA6-F620-41E6-B6AD-6BC4D566EB41.jpeg
    98E57EA6-F620-41E6-B6AD-6BC4D566EB41.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 17
Last edited:
Got this message. Would this mean Express vpn can’t bypass it?
You could try changing the protocol in ExpressVPN settings? Sometimes services don’t detect VPNs when using a different protocol. (wireguard, openvpn, etc)

Back