display help needed

MS2857

I have a Lenovo ideacentre all in one pc. Running windows 10.

Every now and again when I press the start button it starts to load, the Lenovo symbol flashes on for a second, and in the background, you can hear the pc loading but the screen stays blank. This also happens if I leave the pc on for a while, when I return the screen it is blank and will not come on, it does flash sometimes as if trying to.

The best thing I can do is hold in the on-off button for 10 seconds, which shuts pc down and seems to work better when I unplug it for a while. Even then sometimes I have to do this several times before it starts.

Many thanks in advance.

Mario

Every now and again when I press the start button it starts to load, the Lenovo symbol flashes on for a second, and in the background, you can hear the pc loading but the screen stays blank. This also happens if I leave the pc on for a while, when I return the screen it is blank and will not come on, it does flash sometimes as if trying to.

The best thing I can do is hold in the on-off button for 10 seconds, which shuts pc down and seems to work better when I unplug it for a while. Even then sometimes I have to do this several times before it starts.

Many thanks in advance.

Mario
If you have a restore point set, try rolling back to a previous date before your problem occurred.
If not I would try saving all your important files to USB or external drive and do a fresh install.
This should fix it.

Hi
I have looked and I do not have a restore point. Also am I right in saying, to do a fresh install I will need the windows 10 discs. Which again I do not have.
Any other ideas I would be very grateful for. Thanks for your help so far.

Hi
I have looked and I do not have a restore point. Also am I right in saying, to do a fresh install I will need the windows 10 discs. Which again I do not have.
Any other ideas I would be very grateful for. Thanks for your help so far.
Should be an image on a partition for factory reset.

Many thanks in advance.

Mario
which model / series is it ?

press f10 or f12 when booting up on a new pc now you should be able to factory reset it to when you first bought it nearly all new pcs have this built into them on the hard drive now

Back