Display size issue

Brock

This is a bit of a non issue really but it's still bugging me as to what's changed.

My H2S box has always been set on "letterbox" for 16:9 content and in that mode most channels didn't display black bands at the top and bottom of the screen (I have a wide screen HD tv btw like most people).

After getting in from work tonight I've turned the box on and now every channel has black bands at the top and bottom! All my settings appear to be the same, the wife's been in all day but I can't see any setting changes.

Even when I set the display setting to "scale" it still remains with the black bands. My fathers got the same settings on his box and he hasn't got black bands?...

Changing the setting to "auto" seems to rectify it for me in the main (I think) but then every time the adverts come on the screen size auto changes to different sizes and it's annoying.

I'm just at a loss as to what's changed to show every channel with black bands on the letterbox or scale settings when that's not the case on my fathers box with the same settings and my box wasn't like that until today.

I'm either going mad or its changed a setting which I can't find!

Is it just me?......

Did you change it on the remote with the button?
as this messed mine up. I tried every setting in the main menu and nothing had to formate

I've changed it with the V.mode button on the remote and the Display setting in the Menu > Video setting but it's just the same no matter where I change the setting from

lol. Sad thing is I didn't touch it, the wife may have done though.

When you say gladiators did it for you, do you mean your display size cocked up just by watching that?

Think I've just fixed mine accidentally!

No idea how or why the issue happened but I started a recording of The Chase which the Mrs recorded today and when I stopped it again the tv display mode now seems fine again! No black bands when not on auto anymore so that will do me I think! Must've been something do with that recording?!

Strange...

Last edited:
Hi, I had this a while ago and had to change settings in
Menu -> Setup -> Video
Try changing
Display 4:3 & Display 16:9 content to 'Just scale'

Thanks. I changed all those settings and it made no difference at all.

Mine resolved itself after going back into a recording. A strange issue.

Back