dm500 help please

pizzaman

hi peeps

i have just got a hold of some plug and play dm500's
i have tried one at my mates house but he has a real crap internet connection (less that half a meg)
i have some of the channels like zee and some movies but i have no sports.

now as i have got these pre programmed i have also been askedd if i can move some of the channels about as babestation is very close to bbc1

is it possible to move the channels about?
am i missing channels due to internet speed?
some sort of tut would be great

in fact

you can tell i am a bit of noob to this so

any help would be great

cheers

:binoculars::binoculars::binoculars:

I happen to own a DM500s.

I know you can move the channels from one category to another but not sure otherwise. As if i go to All Services, it happens to put the channels in alphabetical order. I go to the category first and select the channel I want to watch but sometimes it can be frustrating. I've noticed with my DM500's. With half a meg connection, it may be OK. But if your friend is surfing the net at the same time then it'll cause disturbances IMO. From my own experimenting, I know that every 4-5 seconds a code is sent over to the Dreambox, so its not too demanding.

You can get channel editors for moving channels about, i would suggest you have a good internet feed, if you dont have channels i suggest you look for a sky uk bouquet that way it should have all the channels on it, if you google dreambox bouquets you will find them and also the other items you need like the channel editior.

Back