DM800HD SE..bad tuner or bad me ?

scsibear

Hi guys this is my first post and i am new to almost all things Satellite except a year with sky in the past.
I decided to buy a cheap DM800HD SE clone for learning on, this box came from China, i am putting it through my Sky dish, using the Astra/Eurobird at 28.2E as it should be, it's a sim210 (DM800SE 13488 SIM210) and enigma2.

On initial setup when it comes to the Tuner config I get TurnerA: Empty (nothing) on TunerB: Empty (nothing) if i try to move to choose the Sat there is nothing at all...I decided to set it back to factory defaults..this produced the exact same results no tuners. I then flashed the box with the web interface using DHCP, logo said it was a Sunraybox. The first image i flashed it with was " Sim2-newnigma2-dm800se-3-2-4-84b.riyad66.nfi ". The box then loaded up the stuff and low and behold suddenly i had the normal Sat tuner selection cool i thought... i did a scan and it grabbed 942 services, after the scan when i tried to go to channel 1...nothing, just sits at the enigma splash screen no channel 1. On the box's lcd screen it says " Source Unavailable, check tuner config " NOTE: I have tuner config set to simple, Single, and Astra/Eurobird 28.2E.
I decided to flash it again with a different image this one " Nemesis2.6-Sunray sr4-Full Combo-SVN107r5 ssl84b.nfi ". Once more it found the tuner, did the scans all fine again 942 services found, then once done still no channels.
I have took out and reseated the tuner with no difference.

I would presume that if the tuner card was frakked it wouldn't even see services while scanning however i may be wrong....as for the Tuner itself it's a Dream multimedia Broadcom BCM4505kqleg chipset.

Is there a step i have to do that i have missed ? does something else need loaded/installed so it will find the channels....or do you think the tuner might be frakked after all ?
regards
scuzzy

Back